Cost Of Static Ip From True?

Florin

I need a couple of static IPs for my office connection (currently a regular TRUE 4Mb ADSL connection), but it being too late to call TRUE (and surely difficult to get a straight answer out of what are surely the most retarded customer service people in Thailand), I thought I'd ask here...any ideas?

VDSL on their website sounds good, but even though the office is in the Asoke area, it's a house, so no doubt it's not within range of such services. Has anyone had experience with this in the past? I am looking pretty much exclusively at TRUE, because they're the only ones with decent ADSL speed, some 1Mb TOT connection would definitely not cut it, static IP or not :o

Thanks in advance for any info!

Guest Reimar
I need a couple of static IPs for my office connection (currently a regular TRUE 4Mb ADSL connection), but it being too late to call TRUE (and surely difficult to get a straight answer out of what are surely the most retarded customer service people in Thailand), I thought I'd ask here...any ideas?

VDSL on their website sounds good, but even though the office is in the Asoke area, it's a house, so no doubt it's not within range of such services. Has anyone had experience with this in the past? I am looking pretty much exclusively at TRUE, because they're the only ones with decent ADSL speed, some 1Mb TOT connection would definitely not cut it, static IP or not :o

Thanks in advance for any info!

Expensive! for an SME ADSL 1/512 THB 3000 month and 2M/512 5000 a month!

Cheers.

Guest Reimar
Ouch...more than the price is the speed, though...they don't have anything over 2MB?? :o

Thai have but I don't know the price now. May you call to Khun Chomponut 0865996008, she is Head of Calling Center and responsible for SME as well and ask her. You can mention my name and she'll try to help you.

Cheers.

Guest Reimar
2 MB SME might be as good as 4 MB regular, as the contention ratio (numbre of people you are sharing the line with) is much lower.

TRUE Ratio:

Regular: 1:50

SME: 1:25

Cheers

You certainly don't need to pay for a static IP address with all the free-ware programs out there which address this problem. There may even be one in download section of the T/V Forum. Certainly you can Google one up in a minute or three.

Most of them scan your current IP address so many times a minute and every time it changes automatically adjust so your webpage displays no matter what IP True currently has assigned to you.

I would think unless you want to pay for the speed increase only there is little added value in paying for a static IP addy. Then again True will only guarantee the speed INSIDE the glorious "Land 'O Thais" so getting more than 65-85% of the speed you pay for is unlikely to anyone browsing the world at large.

Hello :o

If you want a static IP and good speed it really costs money.

My office has a leased line, 1 MB up/down, with 32 fixed IP's. The speed test websites never show the real speed (anywhere between 250-450 kb/s only) but the technician told me to really test the speed should use BitTorrent and make sure to download/upload something without Thai peers.

So i do, and voila - i ALWAYS get the full 1 Mb/s up and down, international, 24/7.

Oh, the price..... 36.000 Baht (thirty-six thousand) PER MONTH. The provider is ISSP and their service is quite good - they speak English and if there's a problem, within an hour a technician is on location if the problem can't be solved remotely (which it often can).

I think the fastest line they offer is 4 Mb up/down, but not sure. Would cost a fortune tough.

Best regards.....

Thanh

Ouch...more than the price is the speed, though...they don't have anything over 2MB?? :D

Thai have but I don't know the price now. May you call to Khun Chomponut 0865996008, she is Head of Calling Center and responsible for SME as well and ask her. You can mention my name and she'll try to help you.

Cheers.

I think you should have put that in PM ... Personnaly i wouldnt like you post my name + phone number of my office direct line in a forum where lot of ppl are usually complaining about my work (TRUE) :o

Well, got through today (thanks again, Reimar) and got a quotation...5.000 / month for 2Mb with 1 fixed IP, so I reckon I'll get two of those...it's likely the most reasonably priced fixed IP offer around anyway, was looking before at Loxinfo and iNET, forget about it :o

And yes, I know about DynDNS and the like, but I don't want the hassle...there will be a VPN set up and a whole bunch of other things which I don't want to use some guy's website/software for.

Guest Reimar
Well, got through today (thanks again, Reimar) and got a quotation...5.000 / month for 2Mb with 1 fixed IP, so I reckon I'll get two of those...it's likely the most reasonably priced fixed IP offer around anyway, was looking before at Loxinfo and iNET, forget about it :o

And yes, I know about DynDNS and the like, but I don't want the hassle...there will be a VPN set up and a whole bunch of other things which I don't want to use some guy's website/software for.

I'm happy to be able to help you, Have fun with that system. If you need any more help, ou can ontact me at all times.

Cheers.