70% Of Thai Women Cannot Achieve Orgasm

george

70% of Thai women cannot achieve orgasm

BANGKOK: -- A recent global sex survey found that 70 per cent of Thai women cannot achieve orgasm.

Others reach orgasm through masturbation or having sex with another woman, while 79 per cent of Thai men climax during sex, according to research by condom manufacturer Durex.

The survey was conducted in 26 countries and questioned 26,000 respondents about their sexual behaviour and attitudes.

It revealed that 54 per cent of Thai couples cannot reach orgasm, while Italians, Spanish, Mexicans and South Africans are the most likely to climax almost every time, at 66 per cent. Only 24 per cent of Chinese couples achieve orgasm and the Japanese recorded 27 per cent.

Sexologist Dr Pansak Sugkrakroek says most Thai women cannot reach orgasm because their partners do not know how to help them.

"They just care about themselves," he says. "Making love is a kind of art that they have to learn so that they can help their partners."

Pansak says some couples end relationships because they cannot help each other to reach orgasm.

Taking more time can have a significant impact on the quality of orgasms. Those Thais fully satisfied with the intensity of their orgasms spend on average 3.9 more minutes on foreplay than those who are not, he adds.

"Even though orgasms are not the be all and end all of sex, regularly achieving them improves emotional and overall wellbeing, as well as a bond with a partner. It can also help to reduce life's stresses. Ideally, people should try to have orgasms regularly," he says.

However, he suggests women should not fake orgasms because it could lead to conflict if partners discover the woman is not being sincere.

He advises couples to learn how to improve their relationship rather than focus on orgasms.

--The Nation 2008-04-29

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The survey was conducted in 26 countries and questioned 26,000 respondents about their sexual behaviour and attitudes.

With such small numbers it is hardly a definitive survey. :o

Did Durex understand the cultural barrier here?

Most Thai women, not including the bar girls, are far to modest to admit to having an orgasm.

Interesting. Didn't Durex bring us the last survey a couple of years ago, in which sexual satisfaction was among the highest in Thailand?

According to the contradiction of this survey, a lot of people were either saving face on the last one, or they interviewed mostly men.

Or, of course, Durex surveys are a sham.

A survey by Durex?

I suspect some sort of cover up!

I hope you're not ribbing us with this fruity comment!

Durexpect us to believe this cruel inuendo?

Actually surprised it didn't finish with some sort of finding to the effect that "7 out of 10 couples found they orgasmed better with Durex than other brands". :o

Thats the 70% I haven't slept with yet :o

However, he suggests women should not fake orgasms because it could lead to conflict if partners discover the woman is not being sincere.

I am sure the figures were well oiled and massaged until suitably inflated to meat their needs. From that point on it was in the bag!

And that ladies and gentlemen, is my 500th post. It was a long time coming, not intending to continue the pun.

And it was a climactic moment in your life I am sure :o

I am sure the figures were well oiled and massaged until suitably inflated to meat their needs. From that point on it was in the bag!

And that ladies and gentlemen, is my 500th post. It was a long time coming, not intending to continue the pun.

And it was a climactic moment in your life I am sure :D

There was soggy kleenex everywhere........ I still havent stopped crying! :o

Whatever the accuracy or validity, I think this is a subject that is worthy of more understanding in this fair land. Thai women are among the best in physical appearence, beauty & appearence of sexiness. However, I feel there is a lot of sexual repression here, with little empowerment of women to really seek their own level of satisfaction. Most relationships, marriage of otherwise, come to an end over problems with sex or money.

I think it has to do a lot with the fact that sex is a lot more taboo here than in other countries. And I'm not talking about the nightlife, brothels, bars, massages, etc. But the general population still seems to think that sex is something they almost have to be ashamed of. I recommend opening a few sex shops, maybe even for women-only, around the city and giving each female student at the University a vibrator together with their graduation diploma.

Much more than that, IMHO. Sad but true - thai men are not a perfect lovers in any meaning. They too concentrating on themselves - and left their "halves" being completely unsatisfied. :o

Edited by alex_aka_P

Are you sure the 30% is not faking it?

Frigidity is a problem with not just Thai women.

Now that the secret is out, should those tourists stop coming to Thailand?

Or would Thai immigration become easier, friendly and less deportative?

54 per cent of Thai couples cannot reach orgasm, while Italians, Spanish, Mexicans and South Africans are the most likely to climax almost every time, at 66 per cent. Only 24 per cent of Chinese couples achieve orgasm and the Japanese recorded 27 per cent.

it's not that bad in a comparison to the other culturally similar populations.

and 66% is not 'almost every time' - it's only 2 in 3 times

54 per cent of Thai couples cannot reach orgasm, while Italians, Spanish, Mexicans and South Africans are the most likely to climax almost every time, at 66 per cent. Only 24 per cent of Chinese couples achieve orgasm and the Japanese recorded 27 per cent.

it's not that bad in a comparison to the other culturally similar populations.

and 66% is not 'almost every time' - it's only 2 in 3 times

2 in 3 times is almost every time. Only have to reach orgasm one more time and it would be all the time. :o

But what do they mean by a couple reaching orgasm? Do they mean that at least one of the couple cannot reach orgasm? If that was the case, then it would be >70% cannot reach orgasm because that is the percentage of women that cannot. If it was that both parties could not, then it seems like it would be ~21% because that is the percentage of men that cannot. Maybe it is tied into the line "Others reach orgasm through masturbation or having sex with another woman". Maybe this means that 16% of women are lesbians and they can all acheive orgasm?

With such small numbers it is hardly a definitive survey. :D

Did Durex understand the cultural barrier here?

Most Thai women, not including the bar girls, are far to modest to admit to having an orgasm.

well duh, it's a marketing gimmick. :D Let's just get on with the crass and stereotypical comments shall we......

anyways, durex products aren't the condom of choice for many folks, particularly those that favour enthusiastic grinding. :o (Not that I would know as I don't get much opportunity to use them, excluding the elderly farang grannies at my building or the hookers from hades that chase me.)

-

Edited by geriatrickid