Avoiding The Upcoming "holiday"

Jefferson

With dread I notice the calendar inching closer and closer to the next Thai "cultural" "event" that's just totally out of control these days. Really all sense of moderation and culture is lost on people nowadays, I think it all started with the Vietnam era R&R and went downhill from there.

So I'm looking for some good ideas on where to go, preferably outside of Thailand, or anywhere else where people don't "celebrate". I speak of course about the upcoming Royal Ploughing Day "festival" on May 9th.

Anyone?

With dread I notice the calendar inching closer and closer to the next Thai "cultural" "event" that's just totally out of control these days. Really all sense of moderation and culture is lost on people nowadays, I think it all started with the Vietnam era R&R and went downhill from there.

So I'm looking for some good ideas on where to go, preferably outside of Thailand, or anywhere else where people don't "celebrate". I speak of course about the upcoming Royal Ploughing Day "festival" on May 9th.

Anyone?

Actually it is on May 10th, but it may be wise to get out of harm's way a week in advance and stay away for an extra week :o

/ Priceless

Just make sure to avoid those oxen that have had a few too many. It's the only time of year they get to have a drink!

If I remember correctly partaking in the old alcohol means a bumper harvest and the oxen seem to partake almost every year!

With rice prices as they are they might knock back a few bottles! :o

Anyone?

What about Coronation Day on the 5th May, is that not a holiday as well?

Anyone?

What about Coronation Day on the 5th May, is that not a holiday as well?

no alcohol day i reckon !