Pattaya Water Police Nab Merchants Selling Ganja....

libya 115

SOURCE: Pattaya Daily News: May 1st 2008

PATTAYA WATER POLICE NAB MERCHANTS SELLING GANJA ALONG WITH THEIR VEG

Undercover water police on April 30, 2008, managed to arrest a couple near Ambassador City Hotel, Jomtien, who had been dealing ganja for a year in the local market, along with their vegetables. The culprits confessed that their profits from the ganja, at Bt2,000 per kilogram, were far higher than those on vegetables, which is why they had engaged in the trade.

At 22.20pm, on April 30, a plainclothed, sting team led by Pol.Col.Pinit Sirichai, Superintendent of the Water Police Department and consisting of Inspector Pol.Lt.Col. Anuchit Lak-loke, and other officers of the Water Police Drug Suppression Unit in, responding to a tip-off, arranged to meet the dealers, Mr. Bpu-bate Ditwiboon aka Tui (25) from Samutprakarn province and Mrs. Jan Pin-urai (41), from Sattahip, at a residence with no number, near Ambassador City Hotel, in order to buy a kilo stick of ganja.

At the delivery location, police hid in waiting. As soon as Mr. Tui and Mrs. Jan arrived with the illegal substance in a paper bag, police swooped and caught the dealers red-handed. Both culprits confessed to buying the drug from a Mr. Benz at a house at Baan Tung-glom-Tanman, for Bt5,000 baht per kilo to be resold for Bt7,000 baht, earning Bt2,000 profit in the process.

The police team arrested Mr. Tui and Mrs. Jan with the evidence and handed the case over to Pol.Lt.Col.Ruengsak Sukjaruen, Sattahip Investigator, to charge the couple with colluding to possess and sell a category 5 drug, according to the law.

Two questions immediately spring to mind:

1) what is/are water police? Do they patrol the water (Gulf of Thailand); check drinking water supplies/standards??

2) 5,000 Baht/kilo :D that is relatively cheap according to "my friend :o " and he wants to check and make sure the 5,000 Baht is the correct figure

Edited by candoman89

The water police patrol the waters around pattaya and and are responsible for sea rescue work.

They have their base near the lighthouse at the far south end of the beach.

Naka.

Thanks Naka. Kind of figured that but not sure.

This brings up another question.....why are the water police (i.e. coast guard) doing undercover work in markets (is it a wet market :o )? Aren't they trespassing on somebody else's ground.

MrPaddy......... I my friend was out last night and couldn't be contacted. Will let you know what I he finds out.

What Naka is referring to is the Sea Rescue, not 'water police'. I have never heard of this before, and am sure there is some kind of mistake here.

Mea Culpa ... Naka is indeed very sorry to have misinformed, as it would appear

that the Sea Rescue Unit is (perhaps) run by City Hall. :o

Naka.

Thanks Naka. Kind of figured that but not sure.

This brings up another question.....why are the water police (i.e. coast guard) doing undercover work in markets (is it a wet market :o )? Aren't they trespassing on somebody else's ground. They want to see weed

MrPaddy......... I my friend was out last night and couldn't be contacted. Will let you know what I he finds out.