How Do I Stay 6 Months?

US passport holder and I am 22 years old. I will be returning to Thailand in July and wish to stay until Christmas. How do I do this? From what I can gather I can get 90 (60+30) days from a tourist visa and another 90 (3x30) from leaving and reentering the country. Is this correct? My main concern is that I will be buying a ticket that has me there for 6 months....won't this be an issue with immigration? How would you all handle this? Oh, and I would be open to buying more airline tickets to other countries in SE Asia if thats what I would need to do.

Thank you in advance for the great advice -- thaivisa was a big help when I went to Thailand in 2007.

Tony

Tony, I'm from the US and I got a 6 month visa late last year. Cost was $30 per entry, maximum 3 entries, 60 day per entry incl. Next Day Fed Ex ( $60.00 ) total was $150.00. On the Visa ap. check "tourist visa" and the number of entries requested, put 3. I sent the passport, etc. to the Royal Thai Consulate in Houston. Took all of 2 days. I thought about moving to Thailand, but since its so easy and cheap to go the 6 month route, thats my plan.

Good luck,

Jerry

Tony, I'm from the US and I got a 6 month visa late last year. Cost was $30 per entry, maximum 3 entries, 60 day per entry incl. Next Day Fed Ex ( $60.00 ) total was $150.00. On the Visa ap. check "tourist visa" and the number of entries requested, put 3. I sent the passport, etc. to the Royal Thai Consulate in Houston. Took all of 2 days. I thought about moving to Thailand, but since its so easy and cheap to go the 6 month route, thats my plan.

Good luck,

Jerry

Thank you -- Great answer!

I owe you a beer or 5 in two months if you are out there.

Tony