Petrol Prices Getting High - Here Is The Answer

bazmlb

Makes me think of the photos taken in the depression of cars running from huge balloons of coal gas? attached to the roof.

I guess this is where we are heading ... if fossil fuel production has already peaked and we are on the downhill slide of diminishing

output, lpg is an immediately available alternative fuel.

Would like to know the cost and availability of these kits ...

Makes me think of the photos taken in the depression of cars running from huge balloons of coal gas? attached to the roof.

I guess this is where we are heading ... if fossil fuel production has already peaked and we are on the downhill slide of diminishing

output, lpg is an immediately available alternative fuel.

Would like to know the cost and availability of these kits ...

but lpg is a by product from the refining of crude to make gasoline? NGV would be the best or a ethanol fuel?

but lpg is a by product from the refining of crude to make gasoline? NGV would be the best or a ethanol fuel?

Gday Baz ... good point ... it actually caused me to do some reading on the subject.

LPG

"Approximately 78 per cent (2.6 million tonnes) of Australia's LPG was sourced directly from underground reservoirs, generally as an associated product of crude oil and natural gas production. This is known as naturally occurring LPG."

NGV

Natural Gas Vehicle ... so I guess you mean Compressed Natural Gas (CNG) or Liquified (LNG).

Ethanol

Ethyl Acohol ... typically used in a 10 - 85 percent mixture with petrol.

Which is best?

LPG is widely available and inexpensive.

All claim to be less polluting than petrol /diesel fuels.

Ethanol seems to attract the most controversy.

I would be happy with extended range and reduced running cost of a dual fuel (petrol/lpg) scooter.

Edited by ThunderDuck

I ran many LPG cars in Holland.. Its a good fuel, not perfect but runs ok and very cheap.

However it needs a skilled installer and is risky / dangerous if badly installed.. Hence I would be fearful of a Thai installation. No corner cutting allowed.