Medical Insurance For Over 65s

DocTom

Does anyone know of a source of good competitive medical insurance that is available to ageing idiots such as I who left it until post-65 (just) before researching the issue?

No problem, again Thai Visa to the rescue :

http://insurance.thaivisa.com/quote-form

I tried to use this website and got the following response to my request for a quote:

"

We have recevied your email. This email adress is automated and unattended.

If you want to contact our news editor, please send a new email to

support[at]thaivisa.com and we will contact you in person shortly."

Thai Visa may not fit the bill - the blurb suggests it only provides ad novem coverage for those under the age of 60.

Sorry, not quite correct.

The Thai Visa ‘group’ medical plans are available to those under the age of 65 (59 1/2 on application).

However, being fully licensed Brokers we can offer medical insurance over 65 to those who require it.

Please send in the details :

http://insurance.thaivisa.com/quote-form

I sent in the details for http://insurance.thaivisa.com/quote-form and after filling out all the papers they send back a quote that only covers up to age 65. So being 74 it did me no good whatsoever. Will continue to self insure so far I have saved over 200,000 baht (assuming I was 65) by your rates.

But then I am fortunate to be in very good health and rarely need medical care other than the occasional check up.

Try Exeter Friendly Society in the UK. They have many schemes and you can join up to age 79.

www.exeterfriendly.co.uk

Once you join you remain at that age for premiums. Only increases for inflation not age.

recommended

I just looked at their website and the premiums do not look at all competitive to my untrained eye. Perhaps you can enlighten us as to why this is recommended above say Bupa Thailand and Thai Health ?

Cheers BB

Try Exeter Friendly Society in the UK. They have many schemes and you can join up to age 79.

www.exeterfriendly.co.uk

Once you join you remain at that age for premiums. Only increases for inflation not age.

recommended

I just looked at their website and the premiums do not look at all competitive to my untrained eye. Perhaps you can enlighten us as to why this is recommended above say Bupa Thailand and Thai Health ?

Cheers BB

While Bupa and Thai Health are alternatives for some, they will not insure you over age 65. If you enroll after age 60 and before turning 65 Bupa will insure you until age 70. If you enroll before age 60 I believe it might be lifetime.....at least longer than age 70.

Beachbunny