Sports Villa Thai Owner Shot

Mrjlh

The male Thai owner of "Sports Villa" was gunned down on May 1st downtown Hua-hin. They caught the "shooter". There is a story in the Thai newspaper but I can't read Thai. Can any one translate the story? He was a big time gambler and had "private" games closed to outsiders here. Rumors around here think "mobster" took him out. Last month an unidentified male sped out of the parking lot in a black car and fired off 6 rounds into the air. People here think he lost money and was pissed off but not sure if it has anything to do with the murder.

The male Thai owner of "Sports Villa" was gunned down on May 1st downtown Hua-hin. They caught the "shooter". There is a story in the Thai newspaper but I can't read Thai. Can any one translate the story? He was a big time gambler and had "private" games closed to outsiders here. Rumors around here think "mobster" took him out. Last month an unidentified male sped out of the parking lot in a black car and fired off 6 rounds into the air. People here think he lost money and was pissed off but not sure if it has anything to do with the murder.

You seem to like rumour's, I expect his family will be happy with your character assasination of their son or husband or father.

You seem to like rumour's, I expect his family will be happy with your character assasination of their son or husband or father.

Oh they are! They just inherited a lot of money and he wasn't known for his warm and loving personality. See, if he shot himself they wouldn't collect a dime from several policies he had (not a rumor). And you seem pretty "naive" to hidden workings of Thai society. Whenever you talk about organized crime, its always a "rumor", unless of course you want to end up the same way. Let the authorities say it. Oh, and by the way learn how to spell!

'Rumour' is the correct spelling for Australian,New Zealander & British (& maybe others) versions of the English language.

'Rumor' is the correct spelling if you are North American (& maybe others) & speak that variant of the English language.

There are of course a number of other words with similar differences, including colour, honour, rigour etc.

Just so that you are aware we also spell metre, litre, theatre & a whole range of other words differently to the North American speaker.

:o

Oh they are! They just inherited a lot of money and he wasn't known for his warm and loving personality. See, if he shot himself they wouldn't collect a dime from several policies he had (not a rumor). And you seem pretty "naive" to hidden workings of Thai society. Whenever you talk about organized crime, its always a "rumor", unless of course you want to end up the same way. Let the authorities say it. Oh, and by the way learn how to spell!

You actually witnessed his family relationship? or is this just another "rumour"

Me thinks your knowledge of organised crime is based on to much Sopranos :o

If you can't post a link then please scan the article and post it here as ThaiVisa admin frowns upon unsubstantiated news stories.

1. "Assassination" is spelled wrong. And I'm being sarcastic to some one I felt was being sarcastic to me.

2. Yes, I've live here long enough to see what is going on. You had to be blind not to see how he "presented" himself to people, treated the staff, and the "other" activities he had. And like most of us here, we wished not to get involved in Thai affairs. It didn't then, nor does it now concern us, except that's just a little to close to home. The wife is totally opposite and other than being a shrewed business woman, which she should be, is a very pleasant person to talk to.

3. The "Article" is on the front page of the "Hua-Hin Thai newspaper", morning edition, Friday, May the 2nd, lower left hand corner. Can't scan it but would still like to know what was written in the paper and see how that differs from what others are saying, have said, and are speculating on. There is more to this "story". Will we ever hear about it who knows?

4. And I'm sure the family feels the lost. Who wouldn't under any circumstance. I'm not blind to that and take offense to anyone who thinks otherwise.

Before you pick up on someone else's spelling, you should brush up on your own Mr big shot.

"spelled" ?

"shrewed" ?

"feels the lost" ?

Mr jih seems to be one of those bitter and twisted been here too long. I fhe lives in Sport villa Condo probably on a pension and cannot afford to live the way he want's. Another waiting for his parents to kick the bucket and grab some money.

Someone has died, loss of life, show some compassion and stop assuming.

Before you pick up on someone else's spelling, you should brush up on your own Mr big shot.

"spelled" ?

"shrewed" ?

"feels the lost" ?

Oh! Now I'm Mr big shot? That should be "Mr. Big Shot" because you made it a "proper noun". Every word is "spelled" correctly! "Shrewed" (14th Century English for the benefit of those nice people from the UK.) or "shrewd" (modern English) are both correct as is for the words "rumor" and "rumour". The only exception is spell checker used "lost" instead of "loss". And that's a grammatic error not a spelling one. And even "spell checkers" make those mistakes. Maybe because they were written by someone who had too much "champagne" and too much time on their hands criticizing others.

Now back to the original post. I will try to get a copy of the article and post it for all to see.

"spelled" ?

"shrewed" ?

"feels the lost" ?

Oh! Now I'm Mr big shot? That should be "Mr. Big Shot" because you made it a "proper noun". Every word is "spelled" correctly! "Shrewed" (14th Century English for the benefit of those nice people from the UK.) or "shrewd" (modern English) are both correct as is for the words "rumor" and "rumour". The only exception is spell checker used "lost" instead of "loss". And that's a grammatic error not a spelling one. And even "spell checkers" make those mistakes. Maybe because they were written by someone who had too much "champagne" and too much time on their hands criticizing others.

Now back to the original post. I will try to get a copy of the article and post it for all to see.

Shouldn't someone close this thread? Can be reopened later when Mr Big shot is shrewed enough to supply a link. And no I didn't use spell chequer

Please PM a moderator or admin on duty when you have a substantiated news source. Since this thread has degenerated into mud-slinging and no news source is forthcoming, per admin policy:

///CLOSED///