Health Insurance: Is A Waiting Period Transferable?

hucus

I had an insurance from Thai Health then after it expired I got another one from AXA. That was an idea of an insurance broker to switch to AXA. Maybe they got better %% from them.

After 4 months I got a surgery for total cost about 200k baht.

AXA said they will not cover this because they have a waiting period of 6 months for this disease (gallbladder removal).

AFAIK in the US waiting periods are transferable when you change an insurance company.

How does it work here? I haven't been asked about previous insurance.

The insurance broker who told to switch to AXA is AA Insure Pattaya.

I had an insurance from Thai Health then after it expired I got another one from AXA. That was an idea of an insurance broker to switch to AXA. Maybe they got better %% from them.

After 4 months I got a surgery for total cost about 200k baht.

AXA said they will not cover this because they have a waiting period of 6 months for this disease (gallbladder removal).

AFAIK in the US waiting periods are transferable when you change an insurance company.

How does it work here? I haven't been asked about previous insurance.

The insurance broker who told to switch to AXA is AA Insure Pattaya.

Depending on your ailment, the waiting period is either 30 or 120 days - see attached file

This is now general across all insurance companies as many people in the past who knew of a problem simply took out insurance one day and claimed the next !

FYI – AXA health insurance is very good !

post-50958-1209967884_thumb.png

Depending on your ailment, the waiting period is either 30 or 120 days - see attached file

The attached file says 180 days.

This is now general across all insurance companies as many people in the past who knew of a problem simply took out insurance one day and claimed the next !

I did have an insurance before. Even a bit expensive then AXA's.

And that wasn't a next day. That was 4 month when one day after a very usual breakfast I suddently started becoming yellow.

According to my American friends's stories in the US I would be paid in my situation.

FYI – AXA health insurance is very good !

Hope they are. But not for me.