Thiefs On Bus

To Koh Pha Ngan or Koh Samui ? :o

To Samui, but this VIP bus company runs from Phangan too... (450 Baht to BKK)

at 450 Baht for this distance, it can never be a real "VIP" - Bus anyway.

I wonder why still so many people hop on those Mafia-style-organized busses.

warnings can be found in any online-forum and any LP or Rough-Guide or whereever else....

reliable Thai government-busses go to any destination in the kingdom....

but, as a proverb goes in my home country: "every morning, another moron is getting up"....

LaoPo:
Your friend was unbelievably lucky !

Lucky?

geraz:

Yes, usually he have only some hundred baht in cash in his pocket, but he moved permanently to Thailand and because of tax reasons he bring his money in cash.

Your friend is a moron.

Who on earth puts that much money in a bag in any country? And moving to Thailand permanently with only 1,200 euros? And what tax reasons prevents you from buying travelers' checks?

I agree with Boater, I can't understand the stupidity of some people. There should be an IQ test before issuing a passport.

(This is not a flame. It is a statement of fact. Anyone who gets on a bus from Bangkok to here and puts the equivalent of 60,000 baht in his bag is either a complete rube or simply stupid.)

Mark, funny how fast your perspective changes. When I called a "Spade a Spade", you were crying to the mods to have me suspended. Now you call someone a moron and it's not a flame because you preface it by telling us all that it isn't.

Lastly I hate to call into question your extensive Journalism experience, but your "statement of fact", but that is indeed only YOUR OPINION and thus not a fact. Not sure which publication you have worked for, but that belongs on the Opinion Page. It's only your opinion that he is either a "complete rube or simply stupid". The only FACTS are that he was on a bus and that he was robbed.

This is a perfect example of why people are afraid to post here. This is a very relevant story with info that can be used and retold to prevent it from happening to others. If don't have anything but insults for the poster or the victim just go about your business and not post anything. People come here to share information and to help others from making the same mistakes. They don't come here to be called names and ridiculed. If you don't have anything constructive to say then save YOUR FACTS AND FLAMES for another forum!!

I have personally talked with 2 different people who live in Thailand who fell victim to this very kind of robbery.