Xp Service Pack 3 On Windows Update Again

crockett

If the SP3 was not offered on Microsoft Update site means that I have the latest Service Pack already installed?

In the System Properties window, General tab it is shown as following:

System:

Microsoft Windows XP

Professional

Version 2002

Service Pack 3. v.3311

I should have noted at the bottom of my previous message, after reading through some IT forums, there still appears to be 'some' people who have tried to installed this latest Windows XP Service Pack 3 and consequently caused their Windows operating system to crash or not boot up correctly. Others have reported everything working fine.

As for me, I'm going to leave it a week or so to see what comes up in the IT news before committing to SP3.

chôhk dee.

Before installing SP3 is there any benefit to uninstalling all those updates that Windows Update has installed since SP2 ?

As far as I understand it, The SP3 installer will look at what updates are already on your Win XP installation, and install accordingly. So you don't have to uninstall any updates since SP2 before installing SP3..

If the SP3 was not offered on Microsoft Update site means that I have the latest Service Pack already installed?

In the System Properties window, General tab it is shown as following:

System:

Microsoft Windows XP

Professional

Version 2002

Service Pack 3. v.3311

This would confirm that your XP is already updated to SP 3 Condo_bk.

...As for me, I'm going to leave it a week or so to see what comes up in the IT news before committing to SP3.

chôhk dee.

I'll be leaving it at least a month - and I'll be doing an image backup before I eventually install it.