Buying Golf Clubs ?

bsacbob

Hi all,

Can any of you offer any information on the relative costs of buying clubs in the LOS, i am emigrating to Chiang Rai at the end of May and just considering if it would be cheaper to replace my old clubs in the UK or when i arrive.

Cheers

I have not found golf clubs to be any cheaper in Thailand... Others may disagree . . . You need to be carefull of the copies that are readily available . . . I have just purchased a full set of Callaway X20's - (Driver, 3W, H3, H4, 5,6,7,8,9,PW,SW) plus bag for 223,00 BHT. My company deals direct wih Callaway which helped...... There are always good deals on Ebay.

No, I am not crazy . . . the cost should have read 52,000 BHT . . . not sure if these will help much however I will look the part . . . . . .

Got to agree with Checker.

Just been to Thailand for a month and as my clubs at home are in need of up-grading i thought i would get a bargain while out there.

Unless you are willing to settle for clones/copies/replicas/fakes or whatever they are being advertised as then i found them to be no cheaper than back home. I have had mixed reports on the replicas, some wouldnt touch them with a barge pole some say they are no different to the real thing. I suppose its like everything, you can get a Breitling watch off a bar seller in Pattaya for 700bht that will do the job but is an obvious fake or you can pay 2000bht and get one that the experts would find hard to recognise as a copy.

Personally I settled for a set of legit Nike Slingshots off ebay.

• 3 months later...
Hi all,

Can any of you offer any information on the relative costs of buying clubs in the LOS, i am emigrating to Chiang Rai at the end of May and just considering if it would be cheaper to replace my old clubs in the UK or when i arrive.

Cheers

I was quoated at Tanaya Shopping mall, for Ping i10's graphite shaft, 4-PW plus SW, UW, & LW all graphite 70,000 baht (about) maybe a 10% discount. Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much I bought 4 sets of Pings on e-Bay, Ping i10 4-PW-SW, ZZ65 steel $500.00 US, Ping i10, full graphite 4-LW stiff, $900, Ping G10's graphite 4-SW reg. $560, all these sets are MINT condition, still with shipping, duty tax, got them cheaper then 1 set here in Thailand.

I have found golf clubs are not any cheaper here then in UK, a friend of mine just came back with a new set, paid around the same price there.

Yes I will be selling 1 or 2 sets of these Ping's at a later date(not yet though) for what I have invested in them. Yes all serial numbers check out with Ping USA I checked already, but you are welcome to check.

Recently purchased Ping G10 irons with bag 3~PW 36kTHB , Ping Bag 6kTHB, Two Ping tour wedges at just under 5K each.

Purchased from the Ping "custom fit" shop in Pattaya.

Green dot heads, Stiff shafts (Imported from USA - stiffer than Asian made stiff shafts), yellow dot grips (imported from USA)(big hands!)

A tad expensive but comparatively the same with UK / USA prices at the time, checked via internet.

I like them !