No Cash Required At Ranong Okt 14th / Cheap Whisky

i just did a visa run okt 14th with non immigrant visa at ranong and noone at immigration asked me or the run down long haired tattooed hippie farang next to me to show the money required by the new inforcement of law as from okt 1st mentioned in other posts!!

if u just cross/return the border it might not matter to carry 10 or 20'000 baht but when i go to lets say cambodia, laos, etc. for a few weeks and return i might not have that cash money left in my pocket. maybe they let you go to the next atm at aranya or nearby town to get it or get a printout with cash statement?? pls reports!

and in border towns some locals might know that all farangs staying there and intending going to TH carry 10-20'000 in cash? cool isnt it?

another hint for ranong:

since various liqiours and cigarettes in burma are dead cheap (70cl bottle gin 30baht, various brand rum and whisky 50baht) i always buy a few bottles of whisky. this time the custom officiers where on the water with their white yacht and my long tail boat skipper get nevous and recomended to dump some bottles, first i hesitated but as they really approached towards our boat i dumped 2 bottles into the sea. they searched our boat and it was all fine....