Problems With C-motech Ccu650 On Vista

stevehaigh

hi

is anyone using c-motech's ccu650 from CAT for CDMA access on vista? i had no problem on XP but recently got a new dell xps1530 running vista and now it runs for a few mins then stops. then i have to disconnect and start over.

there is no vista driver that i can find and CAT is no help.

does anyhow have any experience with this?

thx steve

Edited by stevehaigh

• 1 month later...

my ccu-650 is working great on vista.

you might try getting a powered 1.1 powered USB hub to connect the modem to your usb port.

this was my main problem in november. the c-motech website specifies that the ccu-650 takes between 300-500 amps of power while usb only specifies a maximum of 500amps...the usb 2.0 spec has a step up mechanism so each device can request increased increments of power, so it's better to get a "dumb" 1.1 usb hub with an external power supply. my thinkpad follows the usb specs :o

in the stix in nongkhai, with my amplifier i get 170kBps (bytes) downloads from the US in the morning using CAT CDMA. I am also able to stay connected all day.

--matt

Guest Reimar
my ccu-650 is working great on vista.

you might try getting a powered 1.1 powered USB hub to connect the modem to your usb port.

this was my main problem in november. the c-motech website specifies that the ccu-650 takes between 300-500 amps of power while usb only specifies a maximum of 500amps...the usb 2.0 spec has a step up mechanism so each device can request increased increments of power, so it's better to get a "dumb" 1.1 usb hub with an external power supply. my thinkpad follows the usb specs :D

in the stix in nongkhai, with my amplifier i get 170kBps (bytes) downloads from the US in the morning using CAT CDMA. I am also able to stay connected all day.

--matt

WOW! 300-500 amps! :o:D:D

May you mean Milli Amperes (mA)?

Cheers.