Non Immigrant "o" Availability

I know Singapore has stopped issuing the non immi "O" one year multi entry visa. Does anyone have any info if KL or Penang are still issuing this visa? It sounds like the Thai government is taking away this option, even if married to a Thai, with proof of income and/or bank statements. I work a 6 week on/6 week off schedule and looks like there is no option for me anymore except the single entry 90 day. Thanks

I know Singapore has stopped issuing the non immi "O" one year multi entry visa. Does anyone have any info if KL or Penang are still issuing this visa? It sounds like the Thai government is taking away this option, even if married to a Thai, with proof of income and/or bank statements. I work a 6 week on/6 week off schedule and looks like there is no option for me anymore except the single entry 90 day. Thanks

Why don't you get a 1 year extension in Thailand and a multi re-entry permit. This would save you from applying outside of Thailand and freely come and go

If I am not mistaken if you are married to a Thai only a letter from your Embassy stating your income of at least 40k baht would do for the extension.

Extension is 1.900 baht a year + the multi re-entry fee one time of I think if I recall correctly 6.000 baht

Why don't you get a 1 year extension in Thailand and a multi re-entry permit. This would save you from applying outside of Thailand and freely come and go

If I am not mistaken if you are married to a Thai only a letter from your Embassy stating your income of at least 40k baht would do for the extension.

Extension is 1.900 baht a year + the multi re-entry fee one time of I think if I recall correctly 6.000 baht

3,800 Baht. :o

His problem would be that he has to be in Thailand every year to renew it and be here to get the decision one month later.

Edited by Lite Beer

3,800 Baht. :o

His problem would be that he has to be in Thailand every year to renew it and be here to get the decision one month later.

Yes this is my problem too as I am semi-retired and still working outside of Thailand more than 1/2 of the year.

I have been able up to now to plan to be in Thailand within the one month allowed to apply for renewal and of course with the retirement extension there is no waiting period.

Thanks for correcting the multi re-entry cost !

Thanks for the advice, but I've heard you have to apply for the extension 30 days before the 90 day visa runs out. I generally have to leave to go back to work after being in Thailand for approx. 40 days. Does anyone know if you can apply early?

I'll try to get it early, maybe myself and my wife can explain my situation enough--and they'll take pity on me, and give me the extension. Probably not, but I'm starting to get desperate. Thanks

I got a one-year non-ImmO family visa in your same situation a couple of weeks ago in KL no problem with no need to provide financial information. I and others have reported this extensively on this forum.

Singapore was issuing this visa up until a "couple of weeks ago" also. I was asking because the situation seems to be changing daily, and from what I've read in many other posts in this forum, the one-year non-immi O multi entry visa is being phased out. I asked for recent updates, not old info. Two weeks ago is history, the way things change with the Thai government. Thanks for the update.

Thanks for the advice, but I've heard you have to apply for the extension 30 days before the 90 day visa runs out. I generally have to leave to go back to work after being in Thailand for approx. 40 days. Does anyone know if you can apply early?

I'll try to get it early, maybe myself and my wife can explain my situation enough--and they'll take pity on me, and give me the extension. Probably not, but I'm starting to get desperate. Thanks

There does not seem to be clear rules on how early you can apply. It looks like the earliest 'normal' limit is 1 month before the end of your end of period of stay date stamp. So you can apply any time between 1 month before and the day before the end of period of stay stamp date.

When you arrive in Thailand you will be given a 90 days stamp.

You can get a re-entry permit that will enable you to re-enter freely within those 90 days.

You then need to apply within one month prior to the end of those initial (not the visa validity) 90 days period of stay for a year's extension

We have seen reports of people being granted 1 year extensions earlier than that when providing immigration with flight tickets, etc. but it is at their entire discretion. Also for the Thai wife extension it seems that you have to go back after application for the final extension approval.

I am more familiar with the extension for retirement but that one is immediate and therefore easier to plan

Good luck

Edited by Krub

My 2 cents.

Apply max. 30 min 21 days prior your current Stamp to Stay.

If for any reason you will not be in the country during that time frame earlier application may be certainly be possible, but you will have to give sound evidence of your absence.

Singapore was issuing this visa up until a "couple of weeks ago" also. I was asking because the situation seems to be changing daily, and from what I've read in many other posts in this forum, the one-year non-immi O multi entry visa is being phased out. I asked for recent updates, not old info. Two weeks ago is history, the way things change with the Thai government. Thanks for the update.

To be very blunt, get your ass on a cheap budget airline flight to KL now, get your visa, and stop whingin'. Snooze you lose.

Thanks IgnacioE for all the valuable info you’ve provided me with in this particular post and the many others you’ve been involved in. I’m sure other members of this forum have greatly benefited from your vast wealth of knowledge concerning the Thai visa situation.....I know I have.

As much as I’d like to “get my ass on a cheap budget airline flight to KL now”, I am still at work. I mentioned the fact that I work in an earlier post…….guess you missed it.

Anyway, keep up the good work on the intelligent, knowledge filled information you provide; it certainly helps out the reputation of the forum when individuals such as yourself add “color” to it. Thanks again for all the valuable advice!

Edited by ross163103

We have seen positive reporting on obtaining one year non immigrant O visas from both Penang and KL recently so do not believe there is any ban on issue.

And here's a bit more.

I picked up my 1 year, multi entry, Non-O this morning at the embassy in KL.

Thanks to all who kindly offered info and advice.

:o

We have seen positive reporting on obtaining one year non immigrant O visas from both Penang and KL recently so do not believe there is any ban on issue.

And here's a bit more.

Thats good news.

What documentation was asked for?

And here's a bit more.

Thats good news.

What documentation was asked for?

The embassy specifically asked for:

KL embassy application form (x3)---I don't know if their form is different from other embassies, but it does say Kuala Lumpur at the top.

Copy of wedding certificate

Passport photos (x3)

Copy of house registration

Copy of wife's ID card

Medical certificate

Copy of my passport photo page

MR 550

I also included:

Letter from my wife's employer stating that she was gainfully employed, and that we were married.

Letter from wife asking the embassy to grant me a visa.

Bank statement

Copy of rental agreement on our house.

BTW, I found the embassy staff to be pleasant and efficient.

Edited by up-country_sinclair

Non-Immigrant Visa “O” (Medical Treatment)

I am sure there is an error in the (not required) item for spouse and it should read "except item 8 above" (medical certificate) rather than item 7 (ticket).

Am i right in thinking that the Thai wife has to prove a salary of TB 40 000 per month and you have to prove over 400 000 on a bank statement?

That is for a 1 year visa and not 3 month

Edited by monkfish

No. Visa does not normally require any financial amount although it can help at some places.

The 40k family income is for one year extensions of stay from Immigration (inside Thailand). Either spouse can be source or a combination. There is no longer a 400k bank deposit option (it was another option - not in addition).