Movie Times

Chuckler

Been burned by MovieSeer a few times, but for the most part they are correct.

The websites for Major, EGV, SF, Paragon, etc. aren't always correct, either.

The big chains are constantly "updating" their showtimes -- reducing showtimes or dumping movies that aren't selling and adding showtimes for those that are.

The phone hotlines are a pain. For Major, there is a shrill, static-filled recording and I can't make out the showtimes. I haven't tried SF's hotline in awhile to see what it's like.

In a pinch, I've used Bug Info (*1013), and if I'm lucky I get a human to tell me the showtimes at the Major/EGV outlets. But sometimes those aren't correct, because they get them from MovieSeer or the chain's website.

I've noticed the various Major Cineplex outlets each have their own number. I have noted those for future reference, though haven't tried calling any of them, except Paragon's, where I got a human who could physically check the current schedule, which is always better than the recording.

I've been burned by movieseer many times as well as the newspaper! I have even gone to Paragon and looked at the screen on the first floor and see the movie is at 1 and have gone upstairs and the movie is at 215!?!

Even spoke to the manager who said...sorry na....not update na.

Anyway, I find it best just to go directly to the box office and buy ticket. Chances are the movie is playing within the hour as same movie is usually playing at numerous screens at the same cinema.

Yea, MovieSeer ranks at the bottom re: accuracy of showtimes, probably not their fault as they just pass on information they get from the theatre chains.

I 'd say the theatre chains' own websites are most accurate, but only on the day in question but, as someone said, hardly infallaible, then comes the newspaper, then MovieSeer. I've never used the telephone services, but would think they are at least as accurate as the newspaper?

Central World has the best theatres/displays (plenty of digital projections but Paragon is catching up), all new, great seating and smaller crowds (than Paragon).

Oops, forgot the OP's query...Emporium is part of SF Cinemcity so just pop over to their website for showtimes...

http://www.sfcinemacity.com/

Edited by lomatopo

• 1 month later...
I see Movieseer is back again with times for Emporium and other SFX chains. Hoorah!

But now they don't have times for EGV.

It's a pain in the neck as Major Cineplex's website which does have the times is only in Thai, so I can't tell which cinema is showing a movie.