How Many Hours Do You Sleep Per Day ?

Chinesegirl

:D I normally went to bed at 12:00pm..then get up around 7:30 to 8:00am....then i take 30mins to get ready for work...so I slept around 8 hours per day which it's good for my healthy...

and I really don't understand why most of foreigners are only slept 4 hours..and it's enough for them...I will be very tired if i only got 4 hours for sleep....

How about your guys ? how many hours you sleep everyday normally ? :o

More important is going to sleep at the same time each night. After 40 minutes of sleep there us a large release of Growth Hormone,GH, from the pituatory gland in the brain, followed by smaller releases through the night. If you go to sleep 40 minutes later than your normal sleep time, and then still sleep 8 hours, you will wake up tired. The body has missed the large GH release it needed for repair work. If you exercise regularly (as essential as sleep for health) then the more you sleep, the more you will refresh. At 8 hours you should be fully charged up. If you had too much alcohol, you will have less of the deep rapid eye movement sleep, then again, you will wake up tired, even after 8 hours. Cant sleep well? Try valerian root, as melatonin seems to be banned in this country, as it interferes with big pharmas toxic chemical product profits. Still get tired during the day after a good sleep? Go back to basics. What is your breakfast? Eating 2 eggs for your breakfast, and little carbs, will keep your blood sugars stable all day and evening. That means your energy level.

Edited by thomast

I need 8 hours. I can usually only sleep 7 hours at night, but I usually catch about a 30-45 minute nap after lunch, which works wonders for me. If I miss the nap, I really run out of gas and don't function well.

I try for 8 hours, I have always been told that your body needs 8 hours to repair itself properly and if you get less than that on a regular basis it is cutting your life short, also the good news is sleep is cummlative so if you are short during the week but sleep in on the weekends it offsets it.

I try for 8 hours, I have always been told that your body needs 8 hours to repair itself properly and if you get less than that on a regular basis it is cutting your life short, also the good news is sleep is cummlative so if you are short during the week but sleep in on the weekends it offsets it.

You could be right,but something to maybe consider is 8 of 24 hours is 1/3 of your life asleep. :o

Get about 6 hours of sleep a night and spend about 11 hours a day commuting and working. Will retire in a couple of months so the sleep time will probably increase to 7-8 hours. :o

Edited by ronz28

You could be right,but something to maybe consider is 8 of 24 hours is 1/3 of your life asleep. :o

Interesting notion. If a person sleeps 8 hours per day and lives for 72 years they will have been awake for 48 years.

The person sleeping only 6 hours per day can die at 64 years of age and will still have the same 48 years of waking life.

Then if you only sleep 4 hours per day you can pass from this Earth after only 57.6 years, content that you got your full 48 years.

Cool - I think I'll have me anotha' cuppa....

Edited by way2muchcoffee

I try to be more than 8hours a day but I can't :D

Usually go to bed at around 3-4am, then wake up at 8am.

Sometimes it is up to my tennis watching programme, so I don't have certain time going to bad.

Bad habit, actually....

By the way, I tend to reserve every Sunday to be my lazy day...

wake up so late about noon, go gym then back home sleep since 4-5-6pm...

So young lady, when come staying in LOS, try avoiding my Sunday for my beauty's sake, ok? :o:D

xxx

My sleep is very eratic anywhere from 3 hours to 8hours most of the time somewhere in-between. Depends on what I do during the day, if I do anything to agrievate my arthritis in my back I don't sleep well at night.

If I watch TV after lunch I usually fall asleep for 20-30 minutes whild watching it if I had less tha 6 hours sleep.

I try to be more than 8hours a day but I can't :D

Usually go to bed at around 3-4am, then wake up at 8am.

Sometimes it is up to my tennis watching programme, so I don't have certain time going to bad.

Bad habit, actually....

By the way, I tend to reserve every Sunday to be my lazy day...

wake up so late about noon, go gym then back home sleep since 4-5-6pm...

So young lady, when come staying in LOS, try avoiding my Sunday for my beauty's sake, ok? :o:D

xxx

ha..sister..you go to bed so late.. :D you are big fans of your tennis show.

Get some sleep...talk to you soon...and I will wake you up on Sunday morning..so we can work out together..hehe..

I get a result here..most of you are normally get enough sleep around 6 to 8 hours...which it's a good thing for our long life...

ha..no more than 8 hours..then it will be like wasting time....

ok..it's time to go to bed now..i need catch my 8 hours sleep...talk to you soon...

Chinese girl..