What's The Suan Plu Procedure On Fining The No 90 Day Report?

Does it take a long time to sort this out? Like making you filing tons of paperworks, interrogating, etc.? Or just make you pay 2000 baht?

Hubby and I will be going there in couple days to renew his non-o marriage 3rd extension. his 90 day report is not up to date.

Can we...a) Get in line for the extension, then if they find out he's late on his 90 day report can we pay the fine right there or are they going to send him elsewhere to pay?

Or b ) should he go to room 206 first thing and go pay fine, then go do the extension?

My point is to get to Suan Plu at 8 am sharp and get out of there ASAP. Trying to avoid the 6 hours wait in line.

What's the best thing to do, a or b, or any other suggestion?

Thanks so much

Just get in line for the extension. Don't worry: they'll find out that you have to pay. It does take maybe 30 minutes in total. I was fined 2000 THB for reporting 1 week too late. I thougt the day of renewing my retirement visa was the day of referral. It is the day that you come into the Kingdom. But for that money I also got a stamp in my passport.

Edited by hansbos

Thanks for your input.

So I will get in line for the extension since it seems they will take care of the late 90 day report also.

I'm just worried that this would happen: We get in line for the extension, they find out we're late on 90 day, the officer kicks us out of the line to go do the 90 day fine at another room, we then lose the queue line for the extension and have to go get a new queue ticket, which then will push us to wait in line for a very, very, very long time.

Boy they do need to expand that place and double the crews.

And perhaps we have never been told such service is available.

Have always been told "You've got to come in to report."

Just found out from this forum such service exists :o

Perhaps because we have be told, more than once, that those in Bangkok should not use mail for reporting.

Why listen if it works. (I forgot to send them my last Notification and they wrote to me to send it the next time). No remarks not to use postal service.

WCA

Still I don't understand why people don't use the offered "postal service". Easy and reliable.

WCA

Really would appreciate it if you could give complete instructions on reporting by mail including address and what needs to be sent along with the completed TM 47..

Thanks

Stoneman

Copy of all passport pages (up to the latest arrival stamp in the Kingdom or latest visa stamp)

Copy of arrival/departure card TM. 6 (front and back)

Previous notifications of staying over 90 days (if any)

Completely filled in and signed notification form TM. 47

Envelope with 5 Baht stamp affixed and return address of foreigner for the officer in charge to send back the lower part of form TM. 47 after having received the notification. This part must be kept for reference and for future notifications of staying over 90 days.

The above mentioned documents must be sent by registered mail and the receipt of the registration kept by the foreigner.

Send the mail before the renewal date 7 days to

90 DAYS REGISTRATION, ROOM 206

IMMIGRATION BUREAU,

507 SOI SUANPLU,SOUTH SATHORN RD.,

THUNGMAHAMEK SATHORN

BANGKOK. 10120

Believe they now need a 10 baht stamp on return envelope.

Copy of all passport pages (up to the latest arrival stamp in the Kingdom or latest visa stamp)

Copy of arrival/departure card TM. 6 (front and back)

Previous notifications of staying over 90 days (if any)

Completely filled in and signed notification form TM. 47

Envelope with 5 Baht stamp affixed and return address of foreigner for the officer in charge to send back the lower part of form TM. 47 after having received the notification. This part must be kept for reference and for future notifications of staying over 90 days.

The above mentioned documents must be sent by registered mail and the receipt of the registration kept by the foreigner.

Send the mail before the renewal date 7 days to

90 DAYS REGISTRATION, ROOM 206

IMMIGRATION BUREAU,

507 SOI SUANPLU,SOUTH SATHORN RD.,

THUNGMAHAMEK SATHORN

BANGKOK. 10120

Believe they now need a 10 baht stamp on return envelope.

10 Baht it is. They also send you back all the copies, so you can use again.

WCA