Help With Ad Banner Across Links Please

colino

Ok today everything was working well when all of a sudden i come back onto thaivisa and the main ad banner is right across the links i cant click on veiw new posts or any othere link along that line ( all i can see is essages ) also it is taking about 4 mins to load a page ???? and the ad has stopped flashing please tell me what to do its driving me Nuts

many many thanks

colino

Use a slightly higher screen resolution, just right-click on your desktop and adjust your display settings.

Good evening george

thanks for the reply but still no joy

ps also any clue why my ip address is coming up being in australia ?????????

thanks again for the post

last time i just changed the skin setting but now thier is only pro showing

thanks

colino

What operating system, browser and version are you using?

windows xp pro and windows internet explorer iv checked for up dates

when i go to the home page i dont have a problem it loads nice and quick but as soon as i click on expats thats when the banner appears and it takes an age to load the page and locks up for a 1 minute just like right now when i click add reply it will take about 4 minutes to show me that its posted the rest of the page is fine and any other web site is fine

ps see you in 4 lol

Hi Colino

Well just the words ' True ADSL ' explains alot :o

is all working now ok?

Ha ha yeah true

im just downloading fire fox but i dont know whats going on .its taking an age

thanks all for the help i will post results as soon as i can

thanks george you crafty cheetha It works ok with fire fox

everything back in its place

many many thanks

bow bow grovel grovel to the holy one

colino (happy again)

Edited by colino

• 5 weeks later...

There seems to be a problem when you use screen enlargment with the new Opera and get the same banner add dropping below the Thai Visa logo as there is no room to expand it within the confines of the page size. Below 160% all is well - at 180% enlargment on my 19" LCD (1440x900) both the banner add drops and fast reply will not allow me to type - lower a bit and get the start bar and then can go back to 180% and type.

There seems to be a problem when you use screen enlargment with the new Opera and get the same banner add dropping below the Thai Visa logo as there is no room to expand it within the confines of the page size. Below 160% all is well - at 180% enlargment on my 19" LCD (1440x900) both the banner add drops and fast reply will not allow me to type - lower a bit and get the start bar and then can go back to 180% and type.

IE does it too if the viewing area gets less than about 850 pixels wide :o

Interestingly, the same banner arrangement on the TV home page (outside the forum software) does not behave in this manner.

Guest Reimar

I do believe that the Homepage/Website of Thaivisa is completely different from the Forum Page while the last is an Web application which runs on it's own. There will be only some Button and/or Text links in the webpage to connect to the Forum.

Even the language of the website will differs totally from the Forum Apps and that results in a different viewing result.

Cheers.

• 1 month later...
Guest Reimar
I cannot access any of the links. My monitor settings allow for

800X480 or

800X600

settings only.

I run XP and have no hard disk space to add firefox or opera. Am I out of luck. It's sure inconvenient.

Which kind of computer you use? If you submit more info we can help you more easy.

Maybe you can use an USB Stick for to install other software?!

Cheers.

Guest Reimar
It's an ASUS 7" EEE. The 4GB SSD drive is full, but I run with a 1GB SD card in the side that's only half full.

I don't have a knowledge about the eeePC but I think it's possible to "upgrade" the SSD Disk to an higher capacity one. You could even use an SD Card with 8 GByte which cost about 1-2000 THB.for to keep the Data. I would use an USB Stick, or several of that, to let the SSD as much free as possible.

Move all your Data to an external device: SD-Card or USB Stick and you can even use an epernat HDD connected by USB!

Just run the system software and programs you need on the main drive.

Cheers.