Need Trustful Pc Technitian

Lorin

The pc wont start anymore, probably the power units is fuc_ked with all the electric up and down in the wonderful city. Anyone can recommend a good PC technician in TUCOM or other place? Trustful and fast service needed, as that comp is used for work. Thanks for your input.

The pc wont start anymore, probably the power units is fuc_ked with all the electric up and down in the wonderful city. Anyone can recommend a good PC technician in TUCOM or other place? Trustful and fast service needed, as that comp is used for work. Thanks for your input.

Pattaya 2U in Tuk Com 3rd floor. You will never hear a poor review of the place.

http://www.pattaya2u.com/

Pattaya 2U in Tuk Com 3rd floor. You will never hear a poor review of the place.

Thank you they got a nice site, will check the service tomorrow.

Nonsense. There's been plenty of poor reviews of the place. Check out your poll thread for my latest report.

They must be mates of yours and you've decided to give them a plug. You just joined the site yesterday and you've already started a Pattaya2U thread.

Edited by tropo

I've been using this little Thai guy for years, does house & office visits, he's been in Ptty for years, speak good English, knows his stuff & real nice guy:

Kilin: 081-295-3860

Couldnt agree more....the best in town....and by the way I am not their friend nor did I join yesterday !!!!! :o

Couldnt agree more....the best in town....and by the way I am not their friend nor did I join yesterday !!!!! :o

i can't concur with you i am afraid.

i found them hurried & lackadaisical.

just politely trying to get anyone to concentrate on your problem for more than two minutes is a real source of frustration.

being the wheel that needs most oil is the only way to get attention, maybe thats how some members on TV have succeeded to the point of recommendation.

in my view, its typical of many Thais, they try to do too many jobs at once instead of concentrating on one at a time and doing that one job well.

personally i always use Ai the technician at Wattana branch opposite Foodland

ignore the women assistants, ask to see him.

he is a very quietly spoken and studious young man who is very, very good at his job

he has been there for nearly 10 years

he is thoroughly recommnded, if not Wattana themselves, although its comforting to think they might still be there in 10 years time.

can anyone really forsee that for the fixers in Tukcom ?

i can't concur with you i am afraid.

i found them hurried & lackadaisical.

just politely trying to get anyone to concentrate on your problem for more than two minutes is a real source of frustration.being the wheel that needs most oil is the only way to get attention, maybe thats how some members on TV have succeeded to the point of recommendation.

in my view, its typical of many Thais, they try to do too many jobs at once instead of concentrating on one at a time and doing that one job well.

That's exactly right. It's hard to get anyone's attention for more than 30 seconds as they're all running around in a tizz.

It's surprising that anyone considers this to be a genuine repair shop....it's a joke.

Talk to Kae at Pattaya2You It will probably get a full reformat. When it wont start & the computer is in a hang.

The common procedure is to back it out in save mode & reformat . In 2 hrs. it will be done & for 200 baht no bullshit. Comes with a free soda or 2 . If you think you want any programs he has over 2000 he will install for free. ask him for an install of Norton ghost (for free) That way if your computer ever crashes or blue screens, you can revert your system back to the day he fixed it by popping in the disc. Depending what amount of hard drive your system has will possibly will cost you 140 baht extra for a 2 sided disc.

If you use a genuine Microsoft disc bring it along with your motherboard system disc that came with your system.( that way you can get updates from Microsoft without authentication issues.)If you do not have the motherboard disc he can dig up the drivers to set it up.

If you don't have the original Microsoft disc he will use his DO NOT GO TO MICROSOFT SITE & UPDATE EVER. This goes for ALL companies doing reformats!!!!!!! I have used every company on these posts Except Liberty & refuse to as tech training 101 is totally bypassed.

No one else will supply you with free software upon request either. There was a long post in 2006 & over 85% of the posters agreed no one can offer so much for so little.

Not affiliated in any way to Pattaya2u . If you do go ask for Kae & ask Him personally to look at it. He has 12 years 6 days a week as a tech! If you take it to wanttanas without the motherboard disk you will be dead in the water. & if you take it to liberty

your computer will probably rest in peace.

Beardog

Edited by Beardog

Just back from the pattaya2u, they are good guys and doing good job. Unfortunately the motherboard of the computer gone and been replaced. By now all looks fine and working, will report if any problems will appear.

Talk to Kae at Pattaya2You It will probably get a full reformat. When it wont start & the computer is in a hang.

The common procedure is to back it out in save mode & reformat . In 2 hrs. it will be done & for 200 baht no bullshit. Comes with a free soda or 2 . If you think you want any programs he has over 2000 he will install for free. ask him for an install of Norton ghost (for free) That way if your computer ever crashes or blue screens, you can revert your system back to the day he fixed it by popping in the disc. Depending what amount of hard drive your system has will possibly will cost you 140 baht extra for a 2 sided disc.

Most of that software is not free software, it's pirated software they're offering for free. You can download all of that stuff for free any day of the week on the internet.

I wouldn't recommend using pirated Norton software because sooner or later it will stop working when they blacklist your registration number.

Edited by tropo

Most of that software is not free software, it's pirated software they're offering for free. You can download all of that stuff for free any day of the week on the internet.

I wouldn't recommend using pirated Norton software because sooner or later it will stop working when they blacklist your registration number.

The Norton 7 I got was legitimate & even if it was a pirated copy it never needs updating & cannot cause a failure of any sort. that is 100% a Microsoft issue in their authenticating their software. Norton does not use the authentication. The key is put in once & you can obtain a key generator(I would not suggest downloading one from Limewire or any software programs that come from p2p file sharing.)That is where you would encounter the problems suggested. 25 of my friends use the disc I copied for them. Flawless! The Norton 8 had issues. The key gen was copied from bittorent & was corrupt, & it told you that cannot complete installation. No lockout or viruses.

Microsoft is the most vigilant software co. on piracy. But I would venture to guess most computers bought here or serviced in Thailand are not genuine -Unless you have the original box with the key along with the receipt of 8000 baht or so tagged on to the computer costs.

Most of that software is not free software, it's pirated software they're offering for free.

OK: it's free pirated software.

You can download all of that stuff for free any day of the week on the internet.

Yeah, but then you have to scan it for viruses and you have to install it. Yawn.

pattaya2u excelent ,never had a problem and cheap ,also i didnt join yesterday.

Ok guys for months now I have been ignoring the absolute nonsense written about my company not the mention the personal abuse that has been written about me by people hiding behind their pseudonyms on this unaccountable forum. Up to now I have deigned not to reply and rise above it, but no more.

Let me set the records straight.

• Beardog – please be specific with your criticism. You imply my technicians are not trained. Interesting – I have 30 years of IT experience and a degree, my tech manager as Thai but lived in Switzerland until his mid 20’e and has a degree in IT from a Swiss university. My other technicians all hold degrees and are trained. My company is in the Microsoft Partners program. Yet you criticize my company whilst admitting you have never used our services.

• There are always two sides to a story, and if anyone has GENUINE problems with any of the work undertaken by my company they should contact me directly. At the time of writing this I have 1,469 clients on my books for which we have undertaken over 4,032 separate work orders. Anyone who has ever dealt with me knows I try to be fair, but I do not respond to bullying, shouting or other rude behaviour that some expats seem think is perfectly acceptable. I am pleased to say that the vast majority of my clients polite, reasonable and I have an excellent working relationship with. I am delighted that some of the biggest companies in Pattaya have chosen me to supply and maintain their systems, as well many individuals. I have clients all over Thailand, including Phuket, Bangkok, Krabi, Ko Chang ……. and many of these are businesses that rely on my company to keep them going.

• We have a code of practice in place that we follow. It doesn’t matter if you spend B700 with me or as in the case of some businesses many hundreds of thousands of Baht, you are all clients, and valued as such.

I would be a fool to say we get it right all the time, just as much a fool as anyone who says any company gets it right all the time (by the way on my database we have records of at least 5 instances where owners have brought their PC’s to us to sort having been screwed up a company in Tuk Com who apparently gets it right every time!

Ladies and gentlemen, if you have a problem with me or my company I invite you to come and have a civilized discussion with me at my office at your convenience. This would be far more productive for all concerned rather than hiding behind the anonymity of this board.

Steve Dickens

Managing Director

Liberty Computers Pattaya Co Ltd.

I would be a fool to say we get it right all the time, just as much a fool as anyone who says any company gets it right all the time (by the way on my database we have records of at least 5 instances where owners have brought their PC’s to us to sort having been screwed up a company in Tuk Com who apparently gets it right every time!

I'm one of those. At Tukcom you get exactly what you pay for. A bunch of pretend technicians running around offering free softdrinks.

I'm one of those. At Tukcom you get exactly what you pay for. A bunch of pretend technicians running around offering free softdrinks.

Totally untrue .Had great service from Pattaya2u .

Tropo are you still pissed that Kae told everyone on thaivisa that you incorrectly posted about the bios thing & you needed a keyboard replacement & you just paid to clean it. Save face & let it go. Take your computer to whoever you are comfortable.

Besides the more you bring it up - the more business you bring in for pattaya2u.

Offer still stands I will buy you a drink if you like. No hard feelings. 2 years is to long to hold a grudge!

Barry

Edited by Beardog

Tropo are you still pissed that Kae told everyone on thaivisa that you incorrectly posted about the bios thing & you needed a keyboard replacement & you just paid to clean it. Save face & let it go. Take your computer to whoever you are comfortable.

Besides the more you bring it up - the more business you bring in for pattaya2u.

Offer still stands I will buy you a drink if you like. No hard feelings. 2 years is to long to hold a grudge!

Barry

Talk about a load of crap. Why are you making up nonsense about a job you know nothing about?

I'm just adding balance to ridiculously biased threads on how good Pattaya2U is.

Obviously you've got your head up Kae's ass and you're getting the story from him, but Liberty did repair my keyboard a few weeks later.

Edited by tropo

• 2 weeks later...

The common procedure is to back it out in save mode & reformat .

Beardog

This is precisely why I would recommend not going to this repair shop....the standard solution is a full reformat? this is crazy..this just shows that they dont know what the hel_l they are doing..formatting the drive and reinstalling windows should be a last gasp solution when all else fails.The first thing these guys should be doing is checking the RAM....which takes about a minute. both my PCs were bust and one of their 'technicians' called around to work on them.Alarm bells started ringing when the Guy did not know about ESD discharge,and would only wear a safety strap after much cajoling...after a fruitless hour he said I would need to take the PCs into the shop....needless to say I didnt bother...I spent 2 hrs googling for my PC problem and found a solution.The RAm was corrupt,it took a minute to solve and no doubt saved me the purchase of a new 'motheboard' You need to realise that in Thailand people such as PC technicians are just not as trained as well/in depth so be careful when selecting one..only go on personal rec. Id be interested to know how many other customers needed to purchase a new MOBO..maybe someone should start a poll..

The Norton 7 I got was legitimate & even if it was a pirated copy it never needs updating & cannot cause a failure of any sort.

A anti virus program that never needs updating? you need to read up on youir anti virus programs mate

Barry

Talk about a load of crap. Why are you making up nonsense about a job you know nothing about?

I'm just adding balance to ridiculously biased threads on how good Pattaya2U is.

Obviously you've got your head up Kae's ass and you're getting the story from him, but Liberty did repair my keyboard a few weeks later.

Tropo If you would like I will dig up the original post that Kae posted telling the truth that you wanted the cheap Charlie route(clean the keyboard instead of replacing it as needed.)

You also posted :you brought in the system to have the bios tested & found that they didn't as the bios has nothing to do with your keyboard. Didn’t you post this in a parallel post?

Lucky you. I've never had a good repair job done there and one time they didn't even turn it on (computer log proved that) - they just told me they couldn't do anything and charged me the service fee - after they had it for 2 days and didn't even contact me to let me know the status of my repair job. Your computer would not log anything for a keyboard cleaning.

Perhaps you can offer the link to your post & prove that in fact you were fibbing & got caught. I really do not want to turn this into another worthless pissing match with you Tropo But if you really want to I will include my Pm's to me I will contact Reimar or Twais to dig up your don’t use Pattay2u post in the achieves or perhaps you can provide this post for all to see.

You will only stand to lose more respect & give Pattaya2u more positive publicity. This is backfiring on you the more you bring it up. Why don't you hang it up & let me buy you a drink instead mate.

miksguevara,

You must have read the post wrong .

Mike I referred a reformatting as standard as it does not require hunting endlessly for ramm Etc. etc. etc. a reformat & you start fresh no? problem solved 99% of the time. Lorin's motherboard was fried & she had a new board put in & it works fine . It just needs to have the virtual performance set to full not at default. Antivirus should always be updated & I have not seen any companies that do not automatically update! I couldn't find anything that suggested you should not update your antivius only a non cert. copy of windows. Norton Ghost as we both know is a backup system & needs no updates.

I use Avast as my antivirus & it Automatically updates .

Barry

Tropo If you would like I will dig up the original post that Kae posted telling the truth that you wanted the cheap Charlie route(clean the keyboard instead of replacing it as needed.)

You also posted :you brought in the system to have the bios tested & found that they didn't as the bios has nothing to do with your keyboard. Didn’t you post this in a parallel post?

Lucky you. I've never had a good repair job done there and one time they didn't even turn it on (computer log proved that) - they just told me they couldn't do anything and charged me the service fee - after they had it for 2 days and didn't even contact me to let me know the status of my repair job. Your computer would not log anything for a keyboard cleaning.

Perhaps you can offer the link to your post & prove that in fact you were fibbing & got caught. I really do not want to turn this into another worthless pissing match with you Tropo But if you really want to I will include my Pm's to me I will contact Reimar or Twais to dig up your don’t use Pattay2u post in the achieves or perhaps you can provide this post for all to see.

You will only stand to lose more respect & give Pattaya2u more positive publicity. This is backfiring on you the more you bring it up. Why don't you hang it up & let me buy you a drink instead mate.

What a load of nonsense.

By all means, turn this into "another worthless pissing match" because that's exactly what you're doing.

You're getting involved with a job you know nothing about. Knock yourself out and dig up the original posts so we can all see you're full of shit.

You're the one refusing to hang this up. I'm saying that Pattaya2u are a bunch of computer cowboys and that Liberty are the better repair shop. That's my opinion and you're intitled to yours.

Edited by tropo

Barry

What a load of nonsense.

By all means, turn this into "another worthless pissing match" because that's exactly what you're doing.

You're getting involved with a job you know nothing about. Knock yourself out and dig up the original posts so we can all see you're full of shit.

You're the one refusing to hang this up. I'm saying that Pattaya2u are a bunch of computer cowboys and that Liberty are the better repair shop. That's my opinion and you're intitled to yours.

You do realize that any type of advertisement negative or positive is a plus for the company that you claimed ironiously duped you ?

Are you saying you will not prove yourself & provide the link. Are you too scared that other posters will see you for who you are. Be a man & put your money where your mouth is. It is the thaivisa way to vindicate yourself when being called out by providing the link to your topic! If your not we at thaivisa will assume your full of hot air.

And even though you are are persistent at being right , I will still be the bigger man & buy you a drink- cause you sure sound like you can use a friend!And I am not mentioning anyone but addressing you in not coming clean on what really happened & the fact that Liberty had to repair your keyboard proves the point that you were not willing to pay for the necessary repairs & went elsewhere so you can save face. Give it a rest .....Your so busted on this one Tropo.