Back From Suan Plu Today For Extension Non-o For Hubby

Our speedy taxi driver got us there by 7:30 am.

The building door was not open. We were waiting in a line where ther's a red arrow on the ground.

If you ever go that early, be sure to get on that line, or else this would happen to you...

The door opened at 8:10 am. People rushed in to get their queue ticket. There were officers standing at the door. If you tried to get in from other doors or cut other people, officers will stop you and tell you to go get in line from the outside (queue in Thailand...can you believe that!?)

We got our ticket, #3 to be served.

Waited, at 8:50 am the first case was called. Only one officer working for the EU line.

Waited some more, couple more officers started to arrive at their desks. There were some people who appeared from nowhere, approaching officers without queue tickets (like some people mentioned in this forum).

Finally was called at 9:30 am to desk#18. The officer we spoke to seemed to not knowing what she was doing.

For example, she asked me "Did you use the tax receipt or bankbook to apply last year?"

My response, "We've been using the bankbook since 2001 without any problem." She didn't ask anything else. She had hubby run out to make a photocopy of a page where it was stamped he was fined 1000 baht for overstaying 5 days (happened about 4 years ago, not sure why she needed this now).

She flipped through all paperworks real fast. Made us pay fee. Everything finished. She told us to go see another officer 2 rows behind, who I assume an upper ranking "Poo Gong". She said go see that woman with all the paperworks then return it back here.

So we walked over there, "poo Gong" was busy talking on the phone. We handed her the paperworks, she glanced at it for a second then said everything's done. First I thought she was talking to the person on the phone so I sat there and waited until she said to me couple more times we could leave.

We walked back to desk 18 and told the officer that "Poo Gong" didn't give back the paperworks. Her reply was "Oh I see, she wants to go through it herself."

So that was it. I'm puzzled why we were sent to another desk for nothing. I thought we were gonnna get a dirty interview like some of you did. Is that a good or bad sign?

By the way, regarding the late 90 day report....the officer never found that out. We didn't have to pay fine. Was never asked anything regarding that issue. We planned on going for the late report next month when we go get the extension stamp. I was told by the officer I can get a "proof of address" by reporting 90 days (hubby needs that form for renewing his driver's license).

And yes it did pay off to go early. We were out of there by 9:45 am :o

I was told by the officer I can get a "proof of address" by reporting 90 days (hubby needs that form for renewing his driver's license).

Proof of address..yes its free, you have to go upstairs and ask, takes about two weeks, I paid the postage. But you can only get it if you have previously reported your address at 90 days

So you're saying I can only get proof of address on the 2nd visit of the 90 day report?

I forgot to mention---there are new documents I had to fill out for this extension renewal.

1. A statement I have to sign that I acknowledge to have 400K in the bank 3 months prior to the application. I asked the officer why we had to sign now since this law has been around for ages. She didn't really have any answer.

2. Paper verifying that all statement is true required my signature.

2. Paper verifying that all statement is true required hubby's signature.

1. A statement I have to sign that I acknowledge to have 400K in the bank 3 months prior to the application. I asked the officer why we had to sign now since this law has been around for ages. She didn't really have any answer.

So that would mean we still can have extension with 400 k rather than 40k/ month ?

Or is it just because your hubby has grandfather married status ?