Another Location For Subway Sandwiches

SBACM

Fellow Members

The New Subway Sandwiches will be in the Buiding of the old burger King on Chang Klan about 1000 meters from the exising one.

What are your Thoughts?

Is Burger king closing and subway taking the space ??? Personally when i first came to chiang mai Subway was for sale and i looked into it but the numbers were not right and of course the price was astronomical and then when i saw the location that was it for me.

i love subway sanwiches and think it could be way more successful than it is here and a change of lacation surely cant be the wrong move

I like Subway, too.

The existing place is nearly always "finish" one or two desired items, esp. wholewheat bread. If you fax an order in, you must phone to check it was received (or it may be ignored, or left sitting for a long time). If certain items are "finish", the staff don't call to tell you :D , so you need to phone again after 20 minutes or so to tell them what you'd like instead. They seem to wait for this call before making up the order :o . On Sundays they seem to lack staff free for delivery until late afternoon/evening.

Otherwise pretty good :D .

Edited by sylviex

Fellow Members

The New Subway Sandwiches will be in the Buiding of the old burger King on Chang Klan about 1000 meters from the exising one.

What are your Thoughts?

Is Burger king closing and subway taking the space ???

Not the present location of Burger King.

The last one which got flooded out many years ago along with Pizza Hut, Pizza Company, KFC, Baskin Robbins, Swensons. It is about 1/2 block before you reach the new location of Burger King and McDonalds.

Thanks to Ulysses for clarifying which prior locale of the Burger King now houses Subway. I lost track of Burger King. Where is it now?

When in BKK, I often have lunch at the Subway on lower Silom, by the Sala Daeng Skytrain, near Burger King. Gee, I can give directions in Krungthep. :o But it is not so outstanding that even I, a Western food gourmand, would walk four blocks just to eat Subway sandwiches. Are they as cheap as the 85 baht deals at Amazing Sandwich?

Burger King is on the opposite corner to McDonald's at the intersection with Starbucks and the new La Meridien Hotel and shopping center.

In my opinion, Subway is not bad, but expensive for what you get. I know places to get better sandwiches for a much cheaper price, but usually maybe a really good tuna sandwhich in one place and a BLT in another, rather than all in one shop. Subway has a bunch of fairly good sandwiches all in one place.

Edited by Ulysses G.

i like subway - but there got to do something about Q. C. i ate subway at 3 location in bangkok so far. -- and all 3 location give different taste and standard .

i try one at the sukumvit and the bread is not as fresh and even after baking on the express mircowave -- is still taste bad .

the one i like best is the one at the impact ..

:o

i welcome it to chaingmai and is it open already , if it open i would be there to taste the SAT special this sat :D

i like subway - but there got to do something about Q. C. i ate subway at 3 location in bangkok so far. -- and all 3 location give different taste and standard .

i try one at the sukumvit and the bread is not as fresh and even after baking on the express mircowave -- is still taste bad .

the one i like best is the one at the impact ..

:o

i welcome it to chaingmai and is it open already , if it open i would be there to taste the SAT special this sat :D

tahtootu, the current location of the Chiang Mai subway is in the same building as McDonalds and The Duke's (the night bazaar branch) but it is not on the roadside, go into the building using the entrance between McD's and Duke's and you'll see Subway towards the back.

JxP

Like Subway, just hate the hassle of parking on that side of town. Wish they would bring back the delivery service.

Subway deliver -- at least, unless there's been a recent change in policy ??

Amazing Sandwich also deliver, I believe (haven't tried). They are good, too, but I think did not have wholewheat bread choices (?).

Burger King is on the opposite corner to McDonald's at the intersection with Starbucks and the new La Meridien Hotel and shopping center.

In my opinion, Subway is not bad, but expensive for what you get. I know places to get better sandwiches for a much cheaper price, but usually maybe a really good tuna sandwhich in one place and a BLT in another, rather than all in one shop. Subway has a bunch of fairly good sandwiches all in one place.

UG...is it open yet......? :o

Subway is Opening a second Location in that Building So There will be 2 in Chiang Mai 1000 meters apart what do you think?????

The Next Closest to those is Bangkok.

Maybe could have thought of a Better second Location

Maybe Central

Maybe Kad suen keow

Oh well Amazing Bad Sandwiches has 3 or 4 Locations!! :o

I would try both locations in the Night Bazzar for a little while and see if one is much better/cheaper than the other. If both sell well, than keep them. If not, keep the one with the cheapest rent or that sells better.

Fellow Members

What are your Thoughts?

Is Burger king closing and subway taking the space ???

Not the present location of Burger King.

The last one which got flooded out many years ago along with Pizza Hut, Pizza Company, KFC, Baskin Robbins, Swensons. It is about 1/2 block before you reach the new location of Burger King and McDonalds.

Seems the only one's missin are "Bob's Big Boy" and a " In and Out "...

:o Gee wizz...that would be just swell.

Bob's Big Boy failed in Thailand - mostly because of the lack of uniform decor in my opinion. People want fast-food places to be bright, clean and look like all the others of the same brand. Bob's Big Boy in Thailand just looked seedy and none were the same.

It has been open right behind The Duke's Night Bazaar Branch for several years, but it sounds like it might move half a block closer to Thapae Road soon.

sorry meant the Hotel ...opposite the D2 Wan...heard it was opening in April...but.... :o

I seldom go to the Night Bazaar because of the difficulty in parking, and I ride a (brand new, bought today CBR150R) bike. Now, if I had a one-liter Kawasaki, I would ride it so fast I would be parking in Hang Dong before I stopped/

Congrats on your CBR :o same-same strong and quiet,

just right for LOS. Next to the Subway shop is a small soi for parking your bike, security too. 6 baht.

cheers

The new Subway will be located in 'The Plaza' shopping mall, actually a lot closer than 1000 meters from the existing Subway. The Plaza is indeed the location where the old Burger King used to be, but the whole complex is completely renovated and will open later in this year.

The existing Subway was taken over a week ago by the same people who will run the new Subway. And yes, Subway does deliver.

Today at lunch time around 1 pm I passed by the building, where Dukes and Mc Donald are located. And since I got curious after all the postings here about Subway I decided to take a look at it.

I took me a while to find the narrow entrance to get into the building and unsurprised I saw that there was not even a single customer at Subway.

So I was wondering, why someone, who probably lost a small fortune with Subway in Chiang Mai is going to open a addional branch.

• 3 months later...