New Record I Think

MikeandDow

Can anbody beat this: Buought a new car for the wife (thai) she has only been driving for 6 weeks had the car for 10 days and yes!!!!! backed into a post!!!!!! what a record !!!!!!!!!!

That's no record. Some can total it the first day out. How long has she been driving? Car in her name of course.

i can beat that,in 2000 bought a soluna ,wife drove it from surat to samui ,came off the ferry and a coconut tree ran into the road and hit the car,32 kilometers on the clock..........................

We bought a 5 year old used car for my wife (Chinese) when she first started driving in the US. Two days after we got it, she came home from work in downtown Seattle with a big dent in the door. I asked her what happened. She said she was parallel parking and hit a tree. Later she showed my the "tree" that she hit. It was a wooden telephone pole. :o

When we first bought the car, she was a little upset that I did not want to buy a brand new car for her to drive. I explained at the time that she was a new driver and that she might get dents and things. She assured me at the time that she would not do it and that she should have a new car. We wound up getting the used car and after she hit the "tree", I never heard any more complaints about it not being a new car.

Can anbody beat this: Buought a new car for the wife (thai) she has only been driving for 6 weeks had the car for 10 days and yes!!!!! backed into a post!!!!!! what a record !!!!!!!!!!

:o

Not all bad I expect no record either. When we moved to UK ( Thai wife ). Bought her new Merc as a present. One week later heard a crunch as she came into the driveway. Appears she got overexcited with the steering wheel and as a consequence took out front wing and both body panels.

Further consequence. I promptly took car keys off her and told her she was not driving in the UK again until she had passed her UK test - thought that would fix it.

Outcome, passed her theory at first sitting and after only 15 hours of intensive driving lessons passed the practical test at first go ! Well that fixed me -had to give her keys back ! and she has never put a foot wrong since.

Problem now of course now that we are back living in Thailand is that she constantly complains about how bad Thai drivers are !

Moral of the story:- Sometimes some people learn from their own mistakes and are better for the experience - sometimes

i can beat that,in 2000 bought a soluna ,wife drove it from surat to samui ,came off the ferry and a coconut tree ran into the road and hit the car,32 kilometers on the clock..........................

:o:D

Those speeding coconut trees can be a right hazard :D

Yep, I recognise myself with this one. New car, collected it one evening, still in the forecourt, reversed to turn around, and hit a concrete perimeter pillar Doh! Miles on clock? 0.1 Miles

Can anyone beat that with a writeoff in the actual car showroom?

I can't beat it but my former brother in law can certainly equal it. He comes from a very rich family. At 21 as a present for getting a first at Oxford his father bought him a brand new 911. Bear in mind he had just passed his test too. He picked it up at the garage and promptly drove it straight into the post at the entrance. Repair bill of 4500 pounds. This was in 1981!!!!!!

Yep, I recognise myself with this one. New car, collected it one evening, still in the forecourt, reversed to turn around, and hit a concrete perimeter pillar Doh! Miles on clock? 0.1 Miles

Can anyone beat that with a writeoff in the actual car showroom?

Can't beat it, but can kind of match it... Bought a new car, and after a couple of weeks of pestering from the wife I finally agreed to take it to the temple to have it blessed by a monk. He prayed, and blessed the car with holy water. Once he was done I hoped into the car and proceeded to reverse 5 metres back into a lampost. The monk was stood there, with bowl of holy water in hand and an incredulous look on his face. I found it hysterical and laughed all the way home. My wife said 'Thats som nom na on your ass for not believing in the monk!'

Well i cant beat most of them , But during the test drive in the Lot she hit a parked customers car!!

then i was astounded when the sales girl asked her to buy the car and they can fix it up like new again.. :o

I told the wife I think we should leave....Quickly....

Well i cant beat most of them , But during the test drive in the Lot she hit a parked customers car!!

then i was astounded when the sales girl asked her to buy the car and they can fix it up like new again.. :o

I told the wife I think we should leave....Quickly....

hehe..hope no more accident !

to get a second hand car will be good for your wift drving at the begining...after she got no problem for making more accident then you can get her a new car....hehe..

there are some woman in China are driving bad..there is what the man said behind us.. :o