List Of Resources In Thailand

girlx

Please post here your resources in Thailand which help to stop smoking. this includes hypnotherapists, acupuncturists, clinics, medicines you can buy, etc...

girlx,

after smoking since i was about 12,i came here 5 years ago and drank,smoked,drank smoked for a year.

i decided that this was the place i wanted to live the rest of my life in so i said to myself do you want to live or die.i packed up and only drink twice a week now.feel very fit for 55 and walk about 60 k a week(5 days) and feel like i can live for ever.

trust me when you say to yourself you are going to die a horible death it does affect the way you think

The different NRT products and other quitting aids available in Thailand are mentioned throughout the SSF to any member who bothers to take the time to research.

For example, many of the proprietary drugs supposed to aid the quitting process are mentioned in this topic http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=185700

But to those of you who think I can't quit alone. I'll need nicotine gum, the patch, hypnosis, acupuncture, magic herbs or other wonder drugs!

Wrong! The simple truth is that no magic cure has ever " made " any smoker quit smoking nicotine. The key to immediate and lasting abstinence is education and understanding not hypnosis , not acupuncture and not some over-the-counter nicotine product that teaches absolutely nothing while robbing 93% of those who toy with clean-nicotine of a valuable opportunity to master the core principles underlying years of nicotine dependency. Remember, should all else fail, you always have you!

It is not that cold turkey is the only way to quit, it is just that cold turkey is the method which gives people the best chance of success. It is the method that all but a very small percentage of long-term ex-smokers in the world used to successfully quit smoking.

Please post here your resources in Thailand which help to stop smoking. this includes hypnotherapists, acupuncturists, clinics, medicines you can buy, etc...

There is a guy in Pattaya who graduated in psychology and has recently qualified in hypnosis. As far as I know he is very professional and his method is effective. When fully operational I'll let you know.

The different NRT products and other quitting aids available in Thailand are mentioned throughout the SSF to any member who bothers to take the time to research.

I did research but it would be nicer to have all info in one place- besides i didn't find any specific recommendations for acupuncturists etc. i agree though, with any method it still will come down to willpower.

Then it's time to change thinking patterns. Willpower to me means "I still want to smoke but I have to stop".

Of course each person has various degrees of willpower, mine has always been very low as it goes.

If you rely on willpower as soon as you feel a bit weak or have a few too many you can easily fall back on the weed before you know it.

It's your determination and decision to stop that count. "It's no longer "cool" to smoke, I want to be free and get my energy back". That's what I kept telling myself until I succeded.

• 1 month later...

I am looking for links that would be in Thai about the effects of smoking. I am basically trying to scare my husband (who is Thai) out of smoking. As he is from a village, smoking is a huge part of life for the men there and no one he has ever known has had a problem because of smoking. While he is not ignorant about what smoking can do I would just like it to be a little more in his face.

Cheers.

• 2 months later...

My problem is that I simply forget that I quit and light a cigarette and than suddenly realize I quit already

Usually it happens when I have a drink or late in the evening

Wife, friends they all have cigarettes so it is just to easy to get them...

Any suggestions how to keep myself focused

Have to admit that I like smoking, just feel that I want to be a little heatlhier

Only smoke 5-6 cigarettes a week, sometimes none at all for a few weeks and

than 'forget' and light one again

It’s all in the mind.

I can be away working and smoking 40 a day due to pure boredom.

As soon as I finish work to fly to Thailand I stop and don’t have any cravings at all.

(The fact the wife would kill me if she caught me smoking has nothing to do with it).

My problem is that I simply forget that I quit and light a cigarette and than suddenly realize I quit already

Usually it happens when I have a drink or late in the evening

Wife, friends they all have cigarettes so it is just to easy to get them...

Any suggestions how to keep myself focused

Have to admit that I like smoking, just feel that I want to be a little heatlhier

Only smoke 5-6 cigarettes a week, sometimes none at all for a few weeks and

than 'forget' and light one again

i envy you ,smoke 5-6 fags a week ,if i could smoke 5-6 a week i would never stop ,that amount cant do any harm ,i smoke 40 a day and try to stop all the time ,but fail