Farang Population In Nakhon Sawan

madyakka

I have been coming to Nakhon Sawan for 8 years now and on my first trip here I spoke to a guy in town who said there were 6 farangs who lived here permantly.8 years on I now live here and see more and more farangs around town and big c etc.

Could anyone hazard a guess at how many of us live here?

regards

Madyakka :o

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello.I also visit Nakhon Sawan quite a bit and am planning to move there permanently next year. I talk to a few guys on this forum who say there are some farang there but I don't know how many.I also see quite a few at Big C.

Hey guys would also like to get to know foreigners who are living here in Nakhon Sawan have recently moved to this place from Nakhon sri thammarat where i was working.Anyone in here would be nice to meet you guys.

Cheers

I will be opening a bookshop in Nakhonsawan with a modest selection of english books to begin with but will be expanding all the time so stop by for a coffee and a chat,the coffee will be free and dont feel obliged to buy anything.Its in Daowadung rd next to the new ECC building,across the rd and down from

Tsutaya video shop.

It should be open in 3 weeks hopefully so come in and say hello

Cheers

Dave :o

I will be opening a bookshop in Nakhonsawan with a modest selection of english books to begin with but will be expanding all the time so stop by for a coffee and a chat,the coffee will be free and dont feel obliged to buy anything.Its in Daowadung rd next to the new ECC building,across the rd and down from

Tsutaya video shop.

Cheers

Hi Dave

I live south of Khampaeng Phet and go to big C once a month for bulk shopping.

I have about 200 books that I am reading for the second time so if you are interested in doing a swap that would be good.

Cheers

Bill

Tsutaya video shop.

Cheers

Hi Dave

I live south of Khampaeng Phet and go to big C once a month for bulk shopping.

I have about 200 books that I am reading for the second time so if you are interested in doing a swap that would be good.

Cheers

Bill

Hi Bill ,

drop in next time your down at big c and have a coffee or if its later in the day perhaps a beer?

I will be considering most 2nd hand books as a trade although, I will be trying to keep it to good condition

books only,but pop in regardless as its always good to meet new people and have yarn,

cheers

Dave

p.s I will let you know when I have an exact date the shop will be opening,if you wanna meet for a beer before that drop me a line.

Hi Dave

I’ve lived in Nakhon Sawan for 12 years but I’m 100km from Big C. As you may recall, we’ve already met at Big C. Glad to see you’re opening a book shop – I’ll be sure to stop by.

Knowing Bill, as I do, I’m sure he’ll keep you in business as he is an avid reader.

Wishing you my best for your new venture

Khonwan

I am also moving to Nakhon Sawan next year to mae Wong area and would be happy to meet all the farang which seem to be more than I thought there would be. I am especially glad to hear about bookstore as I read alot and though there are lots of bookstores in Chiang Mai there were none I know of in NS so I will surely be a good customer.

I have been coming to Nakhon Sawan for 8 years now and on my first trip here I spoke to a guy in town who said there were 6 farangs who lived here permantly.8 years on I now live here and see more and more farangs around town and big c etc.

regards

G'day to you all who live in Nakhon Sawan. I will eventually move here once I've stopped working. Wife and I are slipping up for a few months at the end of the year to start on the house. I've been coming to NS for the past 20 odd yrs. We're contemplating to build behind the Army Brks and not far from BigC (just across the bridge) I think it might be a good idea if the farangs got together and formed a club of sorts. Any more ideas or suggestions, it would be something to keep ones' mind occupied. I don't plan to work in thailand. There are a number of exchange male and female school teaches I have seen and spoken to very occasionlly, from the usa. A meeting place could be set up at the book shop if that's a start.

regards

G'day to you all who live in Nakhon Sawan. I will eventually move here once I've stopped working. Wife and I are slipping up for a few months at the end of the year to start on the house. I've been coming to NS for the past 20 odd yrs. We're contemplating to build behind the Army Brks and not far from BigC (just across the bridge) I think it might be a good idea if the farangs got together and formed a club of sorts. Any more ideas or suggestions, it would be something to keep ones' mind occupied. I don't plan to work in thailand. There are a number of exchange male and female school teaches I have seen and spoken to very occasionlly, from the usa. A meeting place could be set up at the book shop if that's a start.

Hi huahin,I had thought of that Idea and I'm sure it has some potential as the shop will have free space on the 2nd floor,I dont mind setting up tables and chairs coffee facilities and a fridge full of beer but it would be on an honesty box system and would hopefully not be abused.I see many farangs meeting at Big C and

apart from the beer girls I cant see the attraction in meeting there,so If you guys are at all interested let me know,the more people that show interest the more of an effort I will put in to provide a comfortable meeting place with cheap beer,coffee etc for our fellow farang,

regards

Madyakka

:D

regards

Madyakka :D

Hi huahin,I had thought of that Idea and I'm sure it has some potential as the shop will have free space on the 2nd floor,I dont mind setting up tables and chairs coffee facilities and a fridge full of beer but it would be on an honesty box system and would hopefully not be abused.I see many farangs meeting at Big C and

apart from the beer girls I cant see the attraction in meeting there,so If you guys are at all interested let me know,the more people that show interest the more of an effort I will put in to provide a comfortable meeting place with cheap beer,coffee etc for our fellow farang,

regards

Madyakka

The attraction for me at big C is the wonderful international cuisine of KFC and pizza.

Before you all laugh and choke on whatever you are drinking think about this. It is the nearest place that I can get western food other than when my wife or I, or Johns wife Ning cooks it and as John lives 62 km from me it is a hel_l of a long way to go for a once a month blowout.

Also I eat there because it is there.

:D:o:D

regards

Madyakka :D

regards

Madyakka

The attraction for me at big C is the wonderful international cuisine of KFC and pizza.

Before you all laugh and choke on whatever you are drinking think about this. It is the nearest place that I can get western food other than when my wife or I, or Johns wife Ning cooks it and as John lives 62 km from me it is a hel_l of a long way to go for a once a month blowout.

Also I eat there because it is there.

:D:o:D

:D Fair enough Bill,I do crave for food back home also but the missus makes a mean pizza better than you can buy here and also the odd steak at Big Steak highly recomended,

cheers

Dave :D

... a bookshop in Nakhonsawan ....Its in Daowadung rd next to the new ECC building,across the rd and down from

Tsutaya video shop.

Map please, (google earth picture would be perfect :o )

I live about 85km from Nakhon Sawan and just like others I go Big C once or twice a month. Meeting place sounds too good.

it seems from reading this forum that farang population in NS is growing all the time. First time I was there I did not see any and all the local pelople looked at me like I had come from space. When my girlfriend,who is from mae Wong,said she wanted to move there I said no way.But now it seems like a very nice place to be from what I hear.Only thing I wondered,are any of you guys into fishing and other outdoor stuff becdause it seems like a very nice area for that. Would be good to have a club or something too.

Have a good one

... a bookshop in Nakhonsawan ....Its in Daowadung rd next to the new ECC building,across the rd and down from

Tsutaya video shop.

Map please, (google earth picture would be perfect :o )

I live about 85km from Nakhon Sawan and just like others I go Big C once or twice a month. Meeting place sounds too good.

I will have a look at google earth shortly after I put the little one to bed and see if I can find it for you ,if not I will draw a map,its very easy to find.

cheers

Dave

it seems from reading this forum that farang population in NS is growing all the time. First time I was there I did not see any and all the local pelople looked at me like I had come from space. When my girlfriend,who is from mae Wong,said she wanted to move there I said no way.But now it seems like a very nice place to be from what I hear.Only thing I wondered,are any of you guys into fishing and other outdoor stuff becdause it seems like a very nice area for that. Would be good to have a club or something too.

Have a good one

Hi colonelsing,

I am a keen Kayaker and I also like my fishing although I haven't done much of either lately,kayak fishing is becoming a huge sport,would you be interested in that sort of activity?

Have a good one

Hi colonelsing,

I am a keen Kayaker and I also like my fishing although I haven't done much of either lately,kayak fishing is becoming a huge sport,would you be interested in that sort of activity?

Have a good one

Hi colonelsing,

Yes madyakka I love fishing of any kind and have never done it in kayak or in fact ever been in a kayak but would be happy to try it.My son in law does kayak fishing in US and says it is great

Have a good one

Actually it looks to me as though there are not that many people living in Nakhon Sawan as such but lots of us live in the province or not that far away.

I am sorry but I dont like to eat fish (unless it is fish and chips British style) and I think the only 2 ways to fish are

1 brick, string and dynamite or

2 Honda generator and long leads

Hello Nakhon Sawan farangs.I am very interested in reading the daily writing from farangs in Nakhon sawan.I am in Chiang Mai as I see some others from this forum are too.I also am retired and planning to move to Nakhon Sawan and build house,probably 40 kilos from NS city.I am from Vermont and upstate New York and enjoy fishing ,hiking and all outdoor activities.I am of American Indian ancestry,hence the tomahawk name,but due to problems in past I no longer drink beer or alcohol(firewater) but I like to meet people and keep active.Hope to meet you guys at club or bookstore or anywhere.

tomahawk

:D Fair enough Bill,I do crave for food back home also but the missus makes a mean pizza better than you can buy here and also the odd steak at Big Steak highly recomended,

cheers

Big Steak? Where is that? :o

Thanks for the map. Very useful. July will be there, first go to europe.

Btw, is hotel name Leelawadee hotel & resort still open? It is on Your map on Makkhawan Road. I don't have their number anymore and they are not listed in this website anymore,

http://www.nakhonsawanprovince.com/accomodation.htm

My wife thinks its still open but not certain,I will have a look on monday for you as Im off to Bangkok tomorrow,

regards

Madyakka:)

cheers

Big Steak? Where is that? :o

Hi Chris

Are you the same Chris B that lives near the bat mountains.

If so are you back in Thailand again?

Cheers

Bill

I think its called sawanvittee rd Chris, From fairyland heading towards big c its on the lefthand side,

regards

Madyakka

If thats the place with the small garden and pond outside and a large Steak House sign painted on the side of a building which is peeling off, then when I looked over Song Kran it looked vey closed to me. :o Pity, I was hoping you had discovered somewhere I had missed.

Chris

Hi Chris

Are you the same Chris B that lives near the bat mountains.

If so are you back in Thailand again?

Cheers

Bill

Hi Bill,

Yes it is the same Chris. How are you? In fact we have just recently come back from Thailand having spent 3 1/2 weeks there over Song Kran. One day we went for a barbeque/picnic at Klong Lan waterfall which was really pleasant. :o

Chris