Lpg/ngv , Time To Think About Change

monkeytunes

Im thinking about getting my car converted, but dont really know anything about it so could do with a little help and advice.

Has anyone converted a toyota fortuner to LPG/NGV, have you got any feedback?

what would you recomend out of the 2?

Where are the filling stations in Hua Hin?

Does it affect the performance of the car in any way?

Is it safe?

where does the tank go?

I hear that the car can run on Petrol and the converted gas, is that true?

Is there a good company in Hua Hin that can do the conversion and an Idea of the cost ?

Plus any other info you fell might be useful.

Many thanks MT

Edited by monkeytunes

A petrol car can be converted to run on CNG or LPG. A diesel would possibly be more easily converted to run on CNG (NGV).

The availability of LPG is better and the range between fillings is bigger. The cylinder (tank) is lighter and cheaper as well.

Only PTT has got NGV filling places, but LPG is sold by a variety of places. It's best if you drive around where you live to see where you would be able to fill.

The performance is considered to be lower on gas, but i wouldn't say my car performs less on LPG. Possibly it could be measured... :o

I would say the safety is highly depending on how well the installation is done. To decide who to trust to do the installation is IMHO the most difficult part in the conversion.

They will install a switch for you so that you'll be able to run on petrol as well as gas. You just have to remember to drive regularly on petrol for a short while so that you you know that the petrol system works in case you really need it.

I hope this will give you an idea on where to start! :D

Best regards,

Hans

Im thinking about getting my car converted, but dont really know anything about it so could do with a little help and advice.

Is it safe?

where does the tank go?

Is there a good company in Hua Hin that can do the conversion and an Idea of the cost ?

Many thanks MT

• 2 weeks later...

Is it safe?

where does the tank go?

Many thanks MT

Don't know the answers to your questions, but try to contact PTT through your own resources to get a look at this Fortuner alread converted.

http://www.thailandoffroad.com/Data/question.asp?ID=67

http://ngv.gasthai.com/boardngv/Question.asp?ID=A2014

might be asking the same questions very soon.

• 3 weeks later...
A petrol car can be converted to run on CNG or LPG. A diesel would possibly be more easily converted to run on CNG (NGV).

The availability of LPG is better and the range between fillings is bigger. The cylinder (tank) is lighter and cheaper as well.

Only PTT has got NGV filling places, but LPG is sold by a variety of places. It's best if you drive around where you live to see where you would be able to fill.

The performance is considered to be lower on gas, but i wouldn't say my car performs less on LPG. Possibly it could be measured... :o

I would say the safety is highly depending on how well the installation is done. To decide who to trust to do the installation is IMHO the most difficult part in the conversion.

They will install a switch for you so that you'll be able to run on petrol as well as gas. You just have to remember to drive regularly on petrol for a short while so that you you know that the petrol system works in case you really need it.

I hope this will give you an idea on where to start! :D

Best regards,

Hans

Is it safe?

where does the tank go?

Many thanks MT

Hi Hans, thanks for the useful feedback, Ive started to have a look around to see how many filling stations there are for NGV/LPG , LPG as youve mentioned has more coverage but there are a couple of NGV options reasonably close to where I live, so still researching, looking at cost and potential fitters, Many thanks MT

Is it safe?

where does the tank go?

Many thanks MT

Don't know the answers to your questions, but try to contact PTT through your own resources to get a look at this Fortuner alread converted.

http://www.thailandoffroad.com/Data/question.asp?ID=67

http://ngv.gasthai.com/boardngv/Question.asp?ID=A2014

might be asking the same questions very soon.

Thanks for the links, its always good to see some Pictures, Regards MT