Antivirus

Jockstar

I have recently installed sp2. When i rebooted my computer it told me that my McAffee is out of date. So i tried to update. It allowed me to update my firewall but not everything else. I have to buy it to get the new edition. They quoted 44 quid. I cant really afford to pay that. I can get a program recommended by MS called EZ Amore.This is free for 12 months. It sounds good. But is it? Anyone using this program?

hi'

I have to buy it to get the new edition. They quoted 44 quid. I cant really afford to pay that.

who ask you to pay full range for a program that you would find for a 100B or so?

and even less if you get it on the web ... :o

I don't get your point here :D

why do you want to pay a 44 bucks for something you can get for nearly free?

aren't living in LOS? and even if no, have you an idea where to get programs for "free"?

read the freeware thread ... some real good advices there :D

francois

ps: no intention to promote piracy ... but have to say that it's easy to get progs for "free"

Ok i downloaded EZ Armor and its now on the computer somewhere. Though not installed yet. It tells me to uninstall McAfee before installing thsi program. I have done a search of my computer to find the location but came back with nothing. But if i try and download it again, it tells me it is already downloaded. I dont want to uninstall McAfee and then go online to find this program. Sorry if this a bit vague but everything was ok till i installed SP2.

Sorry if this a bit vague but everything was ok till i installed SP2.

No - your anti-virus was out of date before you installed SP2, so it wasn't really OK.

The only difference is SP2 tells you your anti-virus is out of date, so you'll do something about it.

As for uninstalling software - just go to Control Panel - Add/Remove Programs - and find McAfee antivirus to uninstall it. (and your browser / download manager will have a default directory specified for downloads - which is where your EZ Armor is if you want to run with it).

Personally, I agree with the earlier post - get AVG from www.grisoft.com - (make sure you select AVG Free Edition) - and you're done. - It's free, and not for just 12 months.

I have recently installed sp2. When i rebooted my computer it told me that my McAffee is out of date. So i tried to update. It allowed me to update my firewall but not everything else. I have to buy it to get the new edition. They quoted 44 quid. I cant really afford to pay that. I can get a program recommended by MS called EZ Amore.This is free for 12 months. It sounds good. But is it? Anyone using this program?

Do not use the web if you do not have an antivirus do not use the web. EZ or download the freeware editions and thats it period do not use the web.

SP2 SUX.It's really of no use for a home user.Installed it and met with all these f.ucking restrictions,firewalls bla bla bla.and even it made my computer slower a lot comparing with SP1.So I uninstalled it and very happy without it. :o

If you are connected to the internet for any reasonable period, you should have a firewall and anti-virus installed. Doing anything else is plain stupid unless you like to have your PC infected with worms and virii.

Free options that I use predominantly are the ZoneAlarm free firewall (NOT Zonealarm Pro, which you have to pay for), and AVG Free edition anti-virus. Both of which allow you to download updates, and are completely free.

I have not noticed any speed issues with either, (and the only thing I've noticed is slower with SP2 is using Alt-Tab to switch applications where putting up the snapshot of the application you're switching to is a lot slower than just the name which was what was shown in the past).