Working Permitt Is Required For Making A Living As A Healer ?

Hi,

Any advice welcome.

My korean friend who is a healer would like to settle in Thailand.

He is wondering which visa permits him getting money from practiseing his healing in Thailand. Need WP?

Now He stay in Thai with 90 Day Visa Exemption. Apart from making a living by healing, he ,as a south korean, can renew the 90 Day Visa Exemption whenever he leaves and re-enter thailand.

He has a thai fiancee and is thinking to get married with her in a year or so.

The healing is a kind of magnetic threapy based on theory of TCM(traditional chinese medicine). It does not use massage.

Thanks for your attention

Edited by real

I guess one would have to look at the availability of a work permit for 'alternative therapist', though I don't know off hand if that is viable. Further, to be clear, the Thai law states that any activity, whether paid or unpaid, physical or mental, can be construed as work and therefore requires a permit so to do. One possibility might be a liaison with a good quality spa, which might then assist in the application for a permit on the basis that the practitioner was providing a service not available within the Thai healing community.

Regards

Edited by A_Traveller

Thanks for all the inputs above.

I guess one would have to look at the availability of a work permit for 'alternative therapist', though I don't know off hand if that is viable. Further, to be clear, the Thai law states that any activity, whether paid or unpaid, physical or mental, can be construed as work and therefore requires a permit so to do. One possibility might be a liaison with a good quality spa, which might then assist in the application for a permit on the basis that the practitioner was providing a service not available within the Thai healing community.

Regards

Do you or someone else know where on the net I can read the "Thai Law" in English?

"Healer" is not considered a profession.

Neither is "Thinker", but supposedly a farang "thinking about going to the toilet" in Thailand is an "unpaid mental activity which can be construed as work and therefore requires a permit so to do" :o

Yo I am from South Korea. Good news is that the Gov give out work permits rather easily to Koreans as well as the 90 Visa exempt. Easy job.

Bad news is What the hel_l is a Korean Healer? If he dose have this mystical power his going to be so rich!!

But he will need to invest in something ells like a Chinese medical shop. Or a massage Therapy shop and but im sure he can advertise a Mystical Healer around ..why not.

But it’s a biggest load of BS so far I have seen on this forum.

"Healer" is not considered a profession.

It falls under the same catagory as fortune tellers.

There is a special non-imm SC visa that they can get. One of the requirements to get a non-imm scam (SC) visa is to be able to make yourself invisible when the police, immigration,the ministry of labor, or one of your suckers comes looking for you. To prove this ability, you need to just walk past immigration without stopping when arriving at the airport.

I see that the term 'Healer' has created the usual repartee. To clarify, magnetic stimulation {aka lodestone} of the meridians is not that new, references go back some 500 years in Chinese Medicinal literature, if I recall correctly.

However, for some, Chinese medicinal practices including, for example, acupuncture are viewed as questionable, or at best 'alternative'. The perspective of so called magnetic medicine in the West is, of course, coloured by the antics of Mesmer, let alone the magnetic band fraternity {by the by a business worth 200m+ US pa} though recent work, including the Baylor study raises results {in a formal medical double blind format no less} which are demonstrably above placebo in the treatment of post-polio syndrome pain.

Regards

PS No not a practitioner.

Edited by A_Traveller

I see that the term 'Healer' has created the usual repartee. To clarify, magnetic stimulation {aka lodestone} of the meridians is not that new, references go back some 500 years in Chinese Medicinal literature, if I recall correctly.

However, for some, Chinese medicinal practices including, for example, acupuncture are viewed as questionable, or at best 'alternative'. The perspective of so called magnetic medicine in the West is, of course, coloured by the antics of Mesmer, let alone the magnetic band fraternity {by the by a business worth 200m+ US pa} though recent work, including the Baylor study raises results {in a formal medical double blind format no less} which are demonstrably above placebo in the treatment of post-polio syndrome pain.

Regards

PS No not a practitioner.

eh?

• 3 weeks later...

funny story because in my little town there is a local thai 'yoga teacher' and not to judge her practice or lessons, but most only goto her for one class.

so everytime a non-thai yoga teacher comes into town - this local thai yoga teacher calls the police screams, storms in on classes and generally does very bad things

so I think the answer to your question is that its ok to be a healer in thailand as long as you are not competing with any local thai healers.

:o:D :D

funny story because in my little town there is a local thai 'yoga teacher' and not to judge her practice or lessons, but most only goto her for one class.

so everytime a non-thai yoga teacher comes into town - this local thai yoga teacher calls the police screams, storms in on classes and generally does very bad things

so I think the answer to your question is that its ok to be a healer in thailand as long as you are not competing with any local thai healers.

:o:D:D

She is not a real Yogini then. Just a teacher! :D

If she was for real she wouldn't carry on like that!!

Hari Om Sat Tat :D

Yes of course - completely agree there is no discussion on this point, unless you wish to study the path of injury yoga, but the point is that this is thailand and she will not allow any yoginis to hold lessons because they take away her business. - incidentally she has a life sized statue of durga at the entrance to her studio.

Yes of course - completely agree there is no discussion on this point, unless you wish to study the path of injury yoga, but the point is that this is thailand and she will not allow any yoginis to hold lessons because they take away her business. - incidentally she has a life sized statue of durga at the entrance to her studio.

She must be into Idol Worship then?? 555

post-57688-1212982471_thumb.png