White Plate For New Car

Need some help, advise and guidance here ...

My car in under Red plate now and my salesperson says that if i am interested to have a private/preference car no. , I have 2 weeks to buy at LTD in Chatuchak.

My questions :

1. Anyone who have done this and do advise me the process as details as possible

2. Need to know which floor and which building as I understand is not easy to find LTD building

3. Any agent who able to do this for me ? issit confirmed that I need to do it by myself.

Thanks ....

Not sure if it's the same thing but where I live, close to Kanchanaburi, when I bought a couple of motorcycles and cars, we went along to the local Dept of Land & transport and they showed us a book full of the available registration numbers that were coming up. We chose the ones we liked and our name was put alongside them, effectively 'booking' them for us. The only cost involved was already included in the purchase cost of the car and bikes. No money was exchanged at the DLT.

Just had a thought. When we bought our car they did mention at the time that certain registrations were available for auction. So called 'lucky' numbers 8888 9999, that sort of thing. These too were listed in the book but were unavailable for pre-booking for free.

Edited by apetley

2. Need to know which floor and which building as I understand is not easy to find LTD building

I can help with this question- LTD building is the Land and Transport Department. The one in Chatuchak is the national headquarters.

It is VERY easy to find. It is a huge complex of many buildings opposite Chatuchak on Pahonyotin Rd. If you were at the Mor Chit skytrain station, follow Pahonyotin Rd under the skytrain track towards the city / Victory Monument. The entrance gate for LTD will be just before the first traffic light you pass.

I have no idea where to go inside the complex though!

Good luck!