Shuttle Pcs (systems And Barebone)

bombis

I want to buy a shuttle PC.Best would be to get a barebone and then built my own system from there but I would also be interested in a ready made system.

Does anybody know where you can buy Shuttle PCs in Bangkok (or Thailand)?

I asked this a few years ago and gave up. Since then, I have seen several around Pantip on different floors but never inquired as to pricing or models.

I decided that I didn't really need the smaller case and I now stick with a mini or mid-tower with a micro-ATX motherboard. Those are selling in enough volume to get some pretty reasonable prices here, whereas I am afraid most of the lower volume stuff is highly marked up compared to what I was accustomed to paying in the US.

I've also become a little disenfranchised as I realized that Shuttle never intends to provide maintenance parts or upgrades, so you are stuck replacing an entire barebones system any time the mainboard fails or becomes obsolete. I also eventually encountered power/heat load problems with a system I was using as a remote server with multiple hard drives stuffed into it, so I would hate to see how much worse that would have been here in the tropics versus the temperate climate where it lives!

But, I recall seeing one in the Jedi shop on the ground floor recently, and also several in a shop on one of the center aisles upstairs (physically above IT City either one or two floors up... I cannot think how else to describe that part of the building).