Where To Find Model Glue?

Gravelrash

Parents sent my son a model aeroplane to assemble but the box doesn't include the glue. This may sound silly but superglue is no good for kids, contact adhesive too messy. Have serched for a shop that sells them and can't find anywhere, everything seems to come pre-assembled. Did learn though that Airport Plaza doesn't have a map of their stores anywhere that I could find, apparently you just walk around until you find what you want. :o

Any ideas?

Last time they sent him a Meccano set which I also haven't seen here either.

Parents sent my son a model aeroplane to assemble but the box doesn't include the glue. This may sound silly but superglue is no good for kids, contact adhesive too messy. Have serched for a shop that sells them and can't find anywhere, everything seems to come pre-assembled. Did learn though that Airport Plaza doesn't have a map of their stores anywhere that I could find, apparently you just walk around until you find what you want. :o

Any ideas?

Last time they sent him a Meccano set which I also haven't seen here either.

Third floor of Central Department Store, toy department back left corner, in Kad Suen Kaew. They sell plastic models, paints, and glue. Nail polish remover (acetone) will get it off the kid's fingers and the kitchen table. (It will also remove the finish on the kitchen table! :D ) If the model is a wooden one, then go to HomePro in Carrefore or most hardware stores and get some white woodworking glue. (It cleans up with plain water! :D )

Da kine stuff is Devcon's "Duco Cement". It comes in a green tube with yellow lettering and I have purchased several tubes at Tesco.

Same thing as 'model glue' in that it melts/fuses plastic together - a pain to work with as it is kinda thin liquid and one of those glues that you find all the way up to your elbows before you even get the cap completely off but at least it will not stick your son's body parts together quite as severely as superglue.

There are others such as contact cement but it is even more difficult to work with and once you put the parts together, they are instantly in that position forever. Epoxies are very strong and painless to work with but you have to secure the position of the parts for some time while the glue sets. Duco Cement will set strong enough to hold most model parts together within 30-60 seconds so you can simply hold them if you have a steady hand. Not to mention that Duco Cement sticks almost anything together and dries clear.

If your son is pretty young, I would suggest a tube of clear silicone. A little tricky to control but overlaps can be simply rubbed off with a finger and it only takes a tiny bit to make a bond that will last until your son is as old as you are. Not only that, you can slice a botched job apart with a razor blade, clean off the original silicone and start again as many times as needed. There is NO way you can do this with model glue...

Edited by Dustoff