R-alpha Lipoic Acid Injections

PrBkkPr

Hi

I have on a rigid regimen of super antioxidants such as weekly intravenous injections of Glutathione along with oral consumptions of Milk-Thistle, Selenium, Vit C and Vit E, Pine Bark extracts, Biotin, L-Carnithine, Grapeseed extract, Ederberry Extracts, Bilberry Extracts, Lutein, etc.

It has wonders for my health and skin but I have also included in the regimen R-Alpha-Lipoic Acid but orally and am now trying to find a place that can offer those injections in Bangkok. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Hi

I have on a rigid regimen of super antioxidants such as weekly intravenous injections of Glutathione along with oral consumptions of Milk-Thistle, Selenium, Vit C and Vit E, Pine Bark extracts, Biotin, L-Carnithine, Grapeseed extract, Ederberry Extracts, Bilberry Extracts, Lutein, etc.

It has wonders for my health and skin but I have also included in the regimen R-Alpha-Lipoic Acid but orally and am now trying to find a place that can offer those injections in Bangkok. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

WOW! You sure take a lot of Vitamins! :o

May I ask, what is the benefit of 'R-Alpha-Lipoic Acid' injections? (I have never heard of these!).

Thanks in advance.

ANdiamo

Well if anyplace is doing it, it would be one of the "anti-aging" centers. There's one affiliated with Bunrungrad and also with Bangkok Hospital.

I too have never heard of this. From the name it would seem to be a fatty acid, which raises the question of why it would ever be injected rather than taken orally??

First, before I am labelled asbeing an alternative medicine believer or whatever by certain TV members here, please refer to the following link:http://lpi.oregonstate.edu/infocenter/othernuts/la/

R-Alpha lipoic acid is not only a strong oxidant but also a "precursor" of Glutathione, a superantioxidant found naturally in the human body. However, as we age , Gluta levels depreciate and IT IS NOW ACKNOWLEDGED by almost all medical doctors that low levels of gluta in the body is the start of various forms of cancer and also various illnesses and diseases. They are no known side-effects of Gluta or Alpha-lipoic acids. I am already taking weeekly injections of Gluta from Dr Natapat at Bumrungrad Hospital but they do not have R-Alpha-lipoic acid there. GNC has it but its of a weak quality plus its a racemic type ie a mixture of two isomers of Alpha-Lipoic Acid, the L and The R. I have managed to procur the R-Type but in an oral form from Japan but wanna saturate my cells through intravenous means.

My skin has been dramatically changed over an 8 month period and even my business clients cannot believe my age. I am going 45 but look like 28 to 30(off course I also do Fraxel laser all over my body once every three weeks.) One of the side effects of Gluta overdose is that your skin becomes radiant and more soft yet firm and your wrinkles just dissappears.

You have to dose yourself with a combination of items such as coenzyme 10,milk-thistle etc to see the effects and I just completed a full medical examination at both BNH and Bumrungrad and I am fit as anything except for my waistline that is about 31 and a weight of 65 which i am in a current juicing diet and exercise regimen to get it down to either 29 or hopefully 28.

PS: Besides my post-grad degrees, I have a basic degree in Biochemistry, so I do know what I am doing.

Thanks Sheryl but I have tried both Bumrungrad and Bangkok Hospital but they do not have it . I was hoping if anyone else knows if places like Yanhee or anywhere else might have the intravenous forms.

PS: It is also good for the prevention and control of diabetes. Just goggle and check any credible sites linked to Universities or hospitals only.

First, before I am labelled asbeing an alternative medicine believer or whatever by certain TV members here, please refer to the following link:http://lpi.oregonstate.edu/infocenter/othernuts/la/

R-Alpha lipoic acid is not only a strong oxidant but also a "precursor" of Glutathione, a superantioxidant found naturally in the human body. However, as we age , Gluta levels depreciate and IT IS NOW ACKNOWLEDGED by almost all medical doctors that low levels of gluta in the body is the start of various forms of cancer and also various illnesses and diseases. They are no known side-effects of Gluta or Alpha-lipoic acids. ...

PS: Besides my post-grad degrees, I have a basic degree in Biochemistry, so I do know what I am doing.

Whoa, why the defence? I don't see anyone having done much more than ask what the stuff was.

I'll certainly take your word for it that your skin is glowing and youthful and can also accept that the some or all of what you are taking as described accounts for it.

However, it is definitely not acknowledged by almost all medical doctors that low glutathione levels in the body is the cause of cancer. AFAIK this has never even been studied although glutathione's possible effect on some other things (e.g. type 2 diabetes) is under investigation.

There have long been claims and conflicting research results about whether or not anti-oxidant supplementation in general (and, as you point out. glutathione is a powerful anti-oxidant) reduces the incidence of cancer. The most recent thing I have seen, out of the Mayo Clinic January of this year, was that taking all the research into account the only thing thus far shown to possibly reduce (that's reduce, not totally prevent..and the reduction was on a mgnitude of around 20% and still needs further verification) cancer is selenium and for some reason that effect is seen only in men. http://www.medscape.com/medline/abstract/18173999

The above is of course limited to the specific anti-oxidants that were included in the various studies done and glutathione wasn't among them, as I said, AFAIK there have been no studies done speciifically on glutathione. Point is that just beacuse soemthing is a powerful anti-oxidant doesn't automatically mean it will reduce the risk of cancer. Whether or not glutathione does so has yet to be established, but if it does it will at most be a matter of a reduction in relative risk and not total prevention.

The etiology of cancer is highly complex and it is very, very unlikely that there will ever be a single one factor identified as a sole cause or preventive agent.