Estate Agents/realtors

Am thinking of putting house up for sale here on Phuket. I know the market's slow, but no harm in having a go.

However, have noted that some agents are now charging a whopping 5% commission, up from 3% only a year ago. Greed is Good. :o Not.

Also not been very impressed with service of local agents have had round for a reckie so far.

Anyone have, and I ask this in all seriousness, any good experience with agents, at 3%?

Advice on alternatives to the above mode of sale appreciated. :D

its a buyers market not a sellers at the moment. most agents require 5% to run the buiness, as most owners want to sell at prices buyers will not pay... sell at a good price and i am sure agents will except 3% ( easy sale )

its a buyers market not a sellers at the moment. most agents require 5% to run the buiness, as most owners want to sell at prices buyers will not pay... sell at a good price and i am sure agents will except 3% ( easy sale )

Good advice.

Good advice.

hm, yes well, I have decided, of my own volition, to put the house on the market for 4 million LESS than the price quoted from one of the realtors, not because I'm desperate to sell, but that I thought their quotation for listing was, as everywhere here, excessive and unrealistic. These particular Siamese realtors flat out refused to lower their commission from 5% to 3%, and so I do rather take umbrage at the implication that it is I, the prospective vendor and not the realtor, who is being consumed with greed. :o