What Happens

I have had 7 years of uninterupted one year visas (non immigrant married to Thai), Last time I went the fee was 200,000 and 20.000 a month, same officer for 5 - 6 years he said that the next time would be same, My mate frome down the road said that this year his would go up to 400,000 be fore he paid 200,000. All the officers have been replaced . now when I go and have to pay 400.000 I will not qualify ,will they give time to get more money or do I have to leave?

I have had 7 years of uninterupted one year visas (non immigrant married to Thai), Last time I went the fee was 200,000 and 20.000 a month, same officer for 5 - 6 years he said that the next time would be same, My mate frome down the road said that this year his would go up to 400,000 be fore he paid 200,000. All the officers have been replaced . now when I go and have to pay 400.000 I will not qualify ,will they give time to get more money or do I have to leave?

If it is handled at the local level, you might be lucky.

My experience is that all applications get approved in Bangkok,

that is why it takes 5-6 weeks.

If the money is not sufficient, you will get a knock back, and a stamp giving you a week or so to leave.

The onus is on you to plan ahead.

Part of that planning may be popping in and talking to the officer, ahead of time

and checking what he can/will accept.

I do not believe you will have any trouble but try to get what you can into the bank account. The requirement changed in July to 400k. I believe immigration will work with you on this if you are living here within other laws.