Arab Arrested In Possession Of Illegal Narcotics

libya 115

SOURCE: Pattaya City News: May 21st 2008

Arab Arrested in Possession of Illegal Narcotics

Mohammad Ibrahim Alzenaidi, a 27-year-old male from Saudi Arabia, was allegedly smoking merrily away on a device commonly referred to as a bong in his hotel room in Soi VC in the early hours of Wednesday morning when he answered a knock on the door.

When he floated over to answer the persistent knocking he was confronted by a couple of Pattaya police who suggested Mr Alzenaidi should accompany them to the Soi 9 station to explain the unusual smell and amount of smoke coming from his room.

A quick search of the room uncovered two small packets containing a grass-like substance that officers were fairly certain was the Class 5 drug marijuana.

The arrested man was told that people staying in the hotel had recognized the strong smell of happy weed coming from under his door and had asked the police to come and investigate. Mr Alzenaidi has been charged with possession and use of an illegal substance and will probably face court proceedings.

Picture Courtesy Of Pattaya City News: (Note gynecomastia; a THC side-effect?)

post-26634-1211380415_thumb.jpg

Edited by libya 115

The sad thing is, upon his {Mohammad Ibrahim Alzenaidi} return to the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia he will probably (unless he is from a very good family) be subject to barbaric punishment; possible surgical amputation or imprisonment in dreadful gaols.

I know. I lived and worked in Saudi for four years.

(The gynecomastia won't go down too well either, from first glance assessment it looks like hormone treatment for gender dysphoria). That doesn't fly in Saudi Arabia.

Edited by libya 115

The sad thing is, upon his {Mohammad Ibrahim Alzenaidi} return to the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia he will probably (unless he is from a very good family) be subject to barbaric punishment; possible surgical amputation or imprisonment in dreadful gaols. Hopefully. I actually hate the drugs scene; the substances, the users, the dealers & the associated crime as a whole. :o

(The gynecomastia won't go down too well either, from first glance assessment it looks like hormone treatment for gender dysphoria). That doesn't fly in Saudi Arabia.

Edited by ClaytonSeymour

The sad thing is, upon his {Mohammad Ibrahim Alzenaidi} return to the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia he will probably (unless he is from a very good family) be subject to barbaric punishment; possible surgical amputation or imprisonment in dreadful gaols.

According to the government of the Kingdom, the courts are fair and there is only justice. There need not be fear of torture or death. To doubt this is to espouse arrogant western prejudice. In Saudi Arabia, there is an accomodation and loving understanding for those that are mentally ill. No need for concern as he will be properly treated at a facility and restored to a proper state and those unfortunate growths will be removed. I for one am not concerned. I also believe in the eternal goodness of man, the joy of puppies and know that my girlfriend never looks at well built guys on the beach.

pssst. Tip to the wretched soul - beg, plead, grovel for asylum in Thailand. A prison cell in Bangers will be paradise..........

Obviously Libya didn’t get out much during his time in Saudi

He may be surprised at the number of Saudis who regularly take drugs. At some of the places I’ve worked in Saudi the police seal off an area and test them for drugs. If tested positive most are sent for re-education. Occasionally one will be put in front of his colleagues and humiliated by given a few light smacks of a cane.

One Saudi I had the misfortune to work with had spent time in a Thai prison for drugs. He told me he was caught trying to buy drugs off a taxi driver on his first night in Thailand.

After release he returned home without problems. He continued his hard drug habit, if it could be injected, snorted or swallowed he was into it. Eventually he was sent to a drug rehabilitation centre. The last I heard he was working at a hospital.

On the other hand if a foreigner gets caught they can expect the full force of the law including the chop.