Don't Know If It's Done On Purpose Or What

Rimmer

On a rare visit to Lotus Sukhumvit this morning noticed Foremost milk priced at Baht 73 so bought 4.

The computer checkout rung the price up at Baht 76.

We had to wait 15 minutes to check out, as can you believe only 3 checkouts were operating in that great big store.

We then went down to foodland where the same brand milk is priced on the shelf and at the checkout at Baht72 and all checkouts are manned.

Ahh well that's life :o

My missus has noticed the overcharging in Carrefour, Foodland and Lotus for some time already and always makes a habit of giving the receipt a quick sconce before leaving...she's caught them out a few times too.

I should be but can't be bothered when I'm there...

My missus has noticed the overcharging in Carrefour, Foodland and Lotus for some time already and always makes a habit of giving the receipt a quick sconce before leaving...she's caught them out a few times too.

If your over charged in carefour they will give you the item for free.

Barry

If your over charged in carefour they will give you the item for free.

Barry

Barry is that policy written in Thai?

I have nailed them 3 times overcharging & all they did was readjusted the price. I heard they usually give you the overcharge items for free but have never seen it yet.

Thanks

Barry The Beardog

On a rare visit to Lotus Sukhumvit this morning noticed Foremost milk priced at Baht 73 so bought 4.

We had to wait 15 minutes to check out, as can you believe only 3 checkouts were operating in that great big store.

We then went down to foodland where the same brand milk is priced on the shelf and at the checkout at Baht72 and all checkouts are manned.

You must have really suffered!

You must have really suffered!

Unnecessary comment IMHO.

The OP was simply pointing out the incompetence and unprofessionalism of a large organisation such as Big C as compared with the efficiency of other companies such as Foodland, with the obvious inferences.

There was no suggestion of him in any way suffering, but merely pointing out to unwary shoppers that these situations do exist in Thailand.

I was just getting out the grocery business when scanners started. One of the biggest problems was making sure that the price shown on the shelves was the same as in the database the scanners used to lookup the price. In a store the size of Lotus, it must be a nightmare to make sure the prices on the shelf match the database.

To even suggest this is some sort of farang dual pricing is past ludicrous. You think there is key on the register they push when a farang is standing there and prices on random items is increased?

Some of you people and your paranoia about being a foreigner in Thailand really cracks me up. :o:D

TH

Edited by thaihome

I was just getting out the grocery business when scanners started. One of the biggest problems was making sure that the price shown on the shelves was the same as in the database the scanners used to lookup the price. In a store the size of Lotus, it must be a nightmare to make sure the prices on the shelf match the database.

To even suggest this is some sort of farang dual pricing is past ludicrous. You think there is key on the register they push when a farang is standing there and prices on random items is increased?

Some of you people and your paranoia about being a foreigner in Thailand really cracks me up. :o:D

TH

The first part of your post is most informative, the second part must be something to do with your imagination.

Yes, it's written in Thai and in English on a large notice on the wall at the informaton counter.

Thanks for the dial in ! I only saw the Thai version at the checkout counter.

Appreciate the tip!