One Way Ticket?

I read somewhere on the forum a while back that you need an outbound ticket to enter Thailand? Is this true? I have recieved a Non-B visa and was going to get a one way ticket but dont want to be denied entry into thailand..Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

I'm sure this was covered recently. Though you can travel on a one way ticket while holding an non immigrant B the check in agent at your point of departure may give you a hassle and if you can convince them it's ok then your all set. But if they take time to check and look for supervisors you may miss your flight.

It's risky. I hold a WP here and a reentry permit. When not working but on holiday returning to Thailand I'm asked about 50pct of the time to see my return ticket but when I show my WP and reentry permit there is never a problem.

It is very clear on the IATA database that no ticket is required.

1. If travelling for touristic purposes:

visa not required for a max. stay of 30 days.

Extension possible. Fee THB 1,900.- (1 photo required).

Note: there is a max. limit of a total of 90 days stay

within any 6 month period. Return/onward ticket is required.

2. In all other cases: visa required.

Travel on one-way ticket is permitted.

I am from the USA. Received a non-immigrant A-O long stay in March. Returned to US in May.

When I was leaving Thailand the immigration officer seemed confused with my stamp but after she spoke with her supervisor things were OK. The supervisor told me that when I returned for a long time (retirement) stay in August my Visa stamp will automatically be good until the following August. At that point I will convert to a retirement Visa.

My question is the same as this post. Can I buy a one way ticket from the US flying Thai Air? If so, then upon returning to the US for whatever reasons, I can purchase a round trip out of Bangkok. Can you confirm this?

Thanks.

A one way ticket is fine. But to clarify you have a retirement visa - that is what the OA non immigrant visa is. A return in August will get you a stamp until next August - if you make another trip before your OA visa expires (March?) you will receive a new stamp until March of 2010 and not need to visit Immigration for an extension of stay until March 2010. But any travel after expiration of original visa (March 2009?) will require a re-entry permit.