The Emporium

DJ Pat

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At the risk of being banned from this forum for blatant advertising :D

If you are at The Emporium, drop in to my GF's new cafe, (5 metres from the large Spirit House at the Emporium side-entrance on Soi 24). She has been up and running for a few weeks now, and has not managed to poison any customers with her food :o

It's called 'Info-Cafe', has beer, coffees, books, tv and music! (And all NOT at Emporium prices :D )

George - I promise to pay for those banner ads soon!! (Just sorting out the flash banner.....)

On the post " name the trolls ' a troll was defined as " someone who posts provocative statements purely for the sake of generating a reaction or starting an arguement " and so on . This is not your first post to recieve a few negitive reactions . So sorry your insulted .

On the post " name the trolls ' a troll was defined as " someone who posts provocative statements purely for the sake of generating a reaction or starting an arguement " and so on . This is not your first post to recieve a few negitive reactions . So sorry your insulted .

At least the guy starts some threads, there are plenty in here who dont. Come to think of it i'm not sure i have seen any started by you, if i am wrong tell us the topic titles and we will see what you are all about.

Cheers Mango :o

On the post " name the trolls '  a troll was defined as " someone who posts provocative statements purely for the sake of generating a reaction or starting an arguement " and so on .  This is not your first post to recieve a few negitive reactions . So sorry your insulted .

At least the guy starts some threads, there are plenty in here who dont. Come to think of it i'm not sure i have seen any started by you, if i am wrong tell us the topic titles and we will see what you are all about.

Cheers Mango :o

This is true that I do not start alot of threads . I would rather learn than teach . However I have started a few but you would not know that by only being here a month .

What im all about , is just a guy that loves thailand and wants to learn as much about it as I can . I will be moving there in six months and could use all the good information I can get and have some fun here . If I make a few friends here , thats great and if I at times call a spade a spade , so be it . ( im not saying all of DJ's posts are bad , actually some are good ) Im no better and no worse than anyone here .

Chok dee

Jeff :D

I have mixed feelings on this place purely because ofthe folks who are in there at certain times. I hate poseurs and when I spy one of the farang variety, wearing his shades and fancy footwear, I wanna punch his lights out. Simple as that. It's not jealousy or anything but simply the need to satisfy one of my pet hates in Thailand. bla bla bla etc etc etc zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

you're rubbish you are. do yourself a big favour and go home.

Errrrmm.... only himself a favour? :o

Mr. DJ, the last thing I'd want to do is have a physical confrontation with anyone. Just from the way you express yourself here, you are the type of person I would avoid at all costs. Actually I hope all you are doing is trolling, trying to get a rise out of people, becasue that would make me inclined to believe that in real life you might be an ok guy. There is another thread in the Local Community section titled:

Which Poster Would You Most Like to Meet? So far you are the poster I would least like to meet. Don't worry, be happy! :D

So far you are the poster I would least like to meet. Don't worry, be happy!

Well I can't say I'm into meeting you either so the feelings mutual. But why bother starting a row on an internet forum? It's faceless AND pointless.

Any other comments on The Emporium? That is what the thread is about after all, not about me.

So far you are the poster I would least like to meet. Don't worry, be happy!

Well I can't say I'm into meeting you either so the feelings mutual. But why bother starting a row on an internet forum? It's faceless AND pointless.

Any other comments on The Emporium? That is what the thread is about after all, not about me.

eye'm sure MBKudo must've only been joking. eye wood think that most everyone wood want two meet djpat cause he has interesting views on many subjects. he injects great knowledge & wisdom into these informative threads hear in da forum.

Any other comments on The Emporium? That is what the thread is about after all, not about me

It's ok I suppose, i was there with the wife last week buying some cd's for the club. (although i was close to having a go at stuck up women who think they can look my wife up and down)

I would'nt go there to shop for clothes etc, I'd buy knocked off originals or copies (pvtdick) :D in pattaya instead of inflated prices for originals, in the uk i used to spend 60 quid on jeans, 120 quid on shoes or 800 quid on a nice suit, whats the point now? waste of money, in truth i'm a scruff in the daytime, shorts, vest and flip flops and at night jeans/ trousers and shirt or t-shirt, no logo's, not worried. Can't afford to dress like that everyday anyway.

My passion is watches, i have about 20 watches totalling maybe 450000 bht.Who cares about clothes. :o

My passion is watches, i have about 20 watches totalling maybe 450000 bht.Who cares about clothes. :o

Dave, I remember seeing a small kiosk at the World Trade Center awhile ago selling really old, classic Rolexes, like the kind my Gramps used to wear. Some of them looked gorgeous. I was wondering if you know of this shop and if you do, are they the real deal?

I like the Emporium, it is conveniently close to my apartment,it is clean,they have some good product(luxury and non-luxury goods ), they have a cinema,the travel agent we always use for personal trips, decent foodhall,wine shop, supermarket,good book store,cd store,hairdresser etc... basically if I have a bunch of chores to do or things to buy, I can get it all done there.

I definately dont walk around postulating on the various personality stereotypes in the mall, not the sort of thing that's on my agenda.

Kinokuniya - the best book store in Asia so far. And the one in the Emporium is incredible - it's like being in a great bookstore in the West. And it's cool with seats, and the books are not wrapped in cellophane - I love it there.

Kinokuniya - the best book store in Asia so far.  And the one in the Emporium is incredible - it's like being in a great bookstore in the West.  And it's cool with seats, and the books are not wrapped in cellophane - I love it there.

I assume you're joking, right? Kino is absolutely nothing like 'a great bookstore in the West.' Jeez, it's not even like being in an average bookstore in Singapore.

Kino's main store in Singapore is, I'd guess, twenty times the size of Kino in the Emporium with twenty times the stock, and then they have three more branches there that are far, far larger than their store in Bangkok. Borders in Singapore is equally large and well stocked, as are at least another dozen bookstores there. Even Hong Kong has finally begun to develope real bookstores.

'The best bookstore in Asia'? Man, you realy don't get out much, do you?