Staying In Thailand

Sorry, it must have been asked before but what are the requirements for legally being able to live in Thailand. Saying i marry GF next year in thailand or uk. I am 30 so no chance of living off savings yet, so saying i manage to get a job in thailand, What are the legal formalities? I.e how much do i need to earn? money in bank? :o

400,000 in a Thai bank or 40,000 Baht salary per month.

www.sunbeltasia.com

Does this have to be a salary from Thailand... what I mean is if I was to transfer bt40,000 into my Thai account ( from overseas ) every month would this count..?

totster

www.sunbeltasia.com

Does this have to be a salary from Thailand... what I mean is if I was to transfer bt40,000 into my Thai account ( from overseas ) every month would this count..?

totster

How long can he keep that going for I wonder.

How long can he keep that going for I wonder

shouldnt be too difficult to play the benefits system in the uk for 135 pounds a week. :o

Wow Tax. Even though he would be absent from the UK ? If so, I might join that exclusive club.

Only the first 4wks if you go aboard for less than a year unless it s incap benefit which you can get upto 26wks while you are aboard. :D

www.sunbeltasia.com

totster

It would count.

www.sunbeltasia.com

totster

It would count.

Thanks. :o

So if i constantly had 400000 baht in a thai bank that would be ok? sorry im a bit thick!!!

DHL courier at the moment.

But previously have been, production manger, buyer, health and safety officer, quality manager and auditor (internal and external) Office manager, worked in the music retail, made old pine country furniture. I think thats it..............

So if i constantly had 400000 baht in a thai bank that would be ok? sorry im a bit thick!!!

DHL courier at the moment.

But previously have been, production manger, buyer, health and safety officer, quality manager and auditor (internal and external) Office manager, worked in the music retail, made old pine country furniture. I think thats it..............

The form you/immigration fills out will ask about your employment (even with the full bank deposit) so there should be movement into that account from outside Thailand (if no work permit) each year in some amount to back up your foreign employment. But this is a grey area and as long as you are not suspected of illegal work do not believe it will be closely checked or any set amount required (at this time anyhow).