How To Stay 9-12 Mos Continuously

Just a question for my husband/american - under 50, and married to me/thai

What is the best method for him to be able to stay continuously in Thailand for about 9 mos (12 mos if possible) without having the need to exit and enter Thailand every 90 days.

He’s exploring the retirement option and thinking Thailand might be a possibility, so would like to do a feasibility on the country first before making that final plunge.

Thanks in advance

TC

Edited by teacup

Just a question for my husband/american - under 50, and married to me/thai

What is the best method for him to be able to stay continuously in Thailand for about 9 mos (12 mos if possible) without having the need to exit and enter Thailand every 90 days.

He’s exploring the retirement option and thinking Thailand might be a possibility, so would like to do a feasibility on the country first before making that final plunge.

Thanks in advance

TC

Can you jointly show a monthly income of 40,000 baht ?

Thanks Lopburi

So what type of visa should he apply first from the US then, just a simple tourist or 3 mo visa? Before making the extension in thailand, that is.

edit: yes we can show 40,000+bths, it will be the interest income coming from our saving here in the US.

Edited by teacup

He must have a non immigrant visa to extend but if too late to obtain he can change at Immigration with 21 days or more remaining on permitted to stay stamp. With a copy of your marriage certificate it should not be a problem obtaining such a visa in the US if he still there.

Yes, he’s still in the US

Does our marriage certificate need to be translated to Thai first, or the English version will do, when first applying at the LA consulate?

And....does it need to be certified by the secretary of state first before we can use it for Non-O at LA consulate and its extension in Thailand?

We got married in the US.

Sorry too many questions, still green at this