Looking For An Exclusive Place For Dinner In Bangkok

Erap

A very good choice would be Face, in Sukhumvit Soi 38. Great food, both Indian and Thai, fantastic building, excellent service and around your price range. Although it might be a little out of the area you wanted to go. Anyway, the phone number is 027136048.

Craig :o

The main Scoozi on Soi Suriwongse's not bad (neither are the Pizzerias, but they're not really upmarket in any way). Selections run from 300-900B each, and you can get a very drinkable house wine at 600-800B a bottle. Dinner for two with drinks, desserts, appetisers, etc. would easily fit in 4000B (you could stretch this out more with a more expensive wine or more than one bottle).

"S"

I can't believe people think anywhere doing 'buffets' counts as quality. Come on people - that's not a dining experience. Lining up to self-serve yourself food that was cooked hours ago, might be ok for breakfast (at a push) but it isnt fine dining.

There's a great french place in a back street around saladaeng. Buggered if i can remember its name though.

I can't believe people think anywhere doing 'buffets' counts as quality. Come on people - that's not a dining experience. Lining up to self-serve yourself food that was cooked hours ago, might be ok for breakfast (at a push) but it isnt fine dining.

There's a great french place in a back street around saladaeng. Buggered if i can remember its name though.

I guess he could go the MK Gold that is on Sala Daeng as well :o

TH

Le Bouche

I think, you mean the one in Patpong?

That is, according to the Frenchies I know, good wholesome French cuisine.

Knowing how you like to drink beer at Superpu$$y and mix with the local high society expat community (movie producer, just finished financing that new building, super cop, interpol, secret service, former MI5, etc) at that washed up bar in Patpong Soi 1, I guess it fits int nicely with your lifestyle :-) which is what this is all about.

WOuld not have considered it a 'dining experience' but ah well.

Well if it's not Le Bouche as Steve suggests.......could it be....

Starter for 10.... It's the name of a large purple vegetable* used in moussaka?????

*What the British call it NOT the Americans who have another name for it! :o

I won't keep you in suspense!

Presume you mean Aubergine? :D

http://www.wheretoeat-bangkok.com/restaura..._restaurant.htm

Edited by Andiamo

Le Bouche

I think, you mean the one in Patpong?

That is, according to the Frenchies I know, good wholesome French cuisine.

Knowing how you like to drink beer at Superpu$$y and mix with the local high society expat community (movie producer, just finished financing that new building, super cop, interpol, secret service, former MI5, etc) at that washed up bar in Patpong Soi 1, I guess it fits int nicely with your lifestyle :-) which is what this is all about.

WOuld not have considered it a 'dining experience' but ah well.

Nahhh, not Patpong. Saladaeng is wot i writ, and Sala-freakin-daeng is wot i ment. You Kiwis aint not got no idea.

Could be Aubergine. I remember it was a bugger to find - it was in a large old house down a backstreet.

Mrs B recommends the snails.

Nahhh, not Patpong. Saladaeng is wot i writ, and Sala-freakin-daeng is wot i ment. You Kiwis aint not got no idea.

Could be Aubergine. I remember it was a bugger to find - it was in a large old house down a backstreet.

Mrs B recommends the snails.

oi. Is you mean Red Pavilion road guvna?

Will have to try it meself, so where exactly is this aubergine, I quite like the cruelty to the ducks resulting in their massive liver for my dinnery pleasure.

As the Frenchman said to the waitress.

I think you mean Aubergine, which is not too shabby - where all the staff wear purple tops? :o

Has anyone tried Le Pre Grill? Another little French restaurant in that general area. Easily under 4,000baht for two.

Yes, I second Vertigo on top of the Banyon Tree, very impressive views and very good food. Plan to spend 300 baht per cocktail, they usually arrive at your table a little 'weak" so if you like your drinks strong, request it before hand. A dinner cruise down on riverside is also nice (weather permitting) :o

vertigo