The 'cheerful News' Thread

SurferBob

Hi all...

Whenever I get an e-mail from TV it always seems to be bad news... natural disaster, murder, robbery... etc etc. :o

So... I thought I'd try and start a 'Cheerful News' thread in the hope we can try and balance things out a bit.

If you have something positive that you'd like to share.. important or silly, it doesn't matter! Or if you come accross something 'cheerful' that you reckon is worth us all knowing then please reply with the details.

(NOTE: If this thread dies and you all think I'm weird, who cares... please reply!)

Cheers..

//SurferBob

Edited by SurferBob

...my news:

1, Recently got a new surfboard 6' 6'' Thruster and the surfs been great for a few weeks. It's now gone flat but not for long. I now have 2 surfboards, so any budding surf types that fancy a go on the next swell are welcome! (yes this is my cover story :o)

2, Soi Dog have a charity event coming soon...

Dear Wonderful SDF Supporters of Phuket,

The Soi Dog Foundation in conjunction with Babylon Beach Club in Bang Tao is hosting the "Meet the Dogs Sunday Brunch" on the 8th of June from 12pm onwards.

SDF currently looks after 200 dogs at the shelter in Mai Khao and this is a great opportunity to meet several of these dogs who are looking for new homes.

Ticket price is 750 baht including a buffet lunch, soft drinks and water. With a raffle and auction ( great prizes to win! ) this will be a fabulous, fun afternoon hosted by our special MC Gary.

For more information and to book your tickets please visit our website www(dot)soidog-foundation(dot)org.

Cheers,

//SurferBob

...my news:

1, Recently got a new surfboard 6' 6'' Thruster and the surfs been great for a few weeks. It's now gone flat but not for long. I now have 2 surfboards, so any budding surf types that fancy a go on the next swell are welcome! (yes this is my cover story :o )

2, Soi Dog have a charity event coming soon...

Dear Wonderful SDF Supporters of Phuket,

The Soi Dog Foundation in conjunction with Babylon Beach Club in Bang Tao is hosting the "Meet the Dogs Sunday Brunch" on the 8th of June from 12pm onwards.

SDF currently looks after 200 dogs at the shelter in Mai Khao and this is a great opportunity to meet several of these dogs who are looking for new homes.

Ticket price is 750 baht including a buffet lunch, soft drinks and water. With a raffle and auction ( great prizes to win! ) this will be a fabulous, fun afternoon hosted by our special MC Gary.

For more information and to book your tickets please visit our website www(dot)soidog-foundation(dot)org.

Cheers,

//SurferBob

Bob,

I could use a funshape 8'-8'9, prefer foam blanks.

If you hear of anyone selling at a reasonable rate, could you pm me?

Thanks, HB

Wheeeeeeee, to all single Kiwis living in LOS.

Micheal Cullen has given all single superannuitants about "23 bucks" a week pay rise, from October.

Now, that is good news............ hic............. :o

I got an extra £300 rebate from my pension today Then I got a bill from my accountant for, yes, that's right £300.

Gotta laugh

They learned that from the Bush administration.

My last year in the U.S., 2005, I got a "rebate" from the government on my taxes. When I went to file for the next year, the 300$ they had sent me I had to claim, and guess what (?) it kicked me up into the next earned income section of the tax columns and cost me an extra..........300$.

Nice one for the good replies so far all! :D

Thanks, HB

I'll let you know if I hear of anything HB - that kind of shape/length is pretty desirable second-hand in Phuket right now I reckon as it's perfect for those smaller wave days, I'm even looking for something similar myself! He's got a very good selection in Cobra at the moment (well about 3 weeks back I was in there), but they are pretty expensive still, even the cheaper shapes.

Hey Surfer Bob, are the waves cool at Nai Harn right now?

It's gone very flat right now... hopefully not for long! We've had a decent bit of surf start of May though for a couple of weeks. I've not surfed out at Nai Harn myself yet - I tend to go up the other way from me (Kamala, Bangtaow, Surin, Layan & Nai Thon) .. next swell though I'check out a few new spots I reckon. Kalim reef looks good, but I don't really know the tides it works well on and because it's rocky I don't want to kill my lovely new glass board!

.. and my good news for the day (kind of :D ):

It's payday tomorrow... wooo hooo!! :o

Cheers..

//SurferBob

Nice one for the good replies so far all! :D

Thanks, HB

I'll let you know if I hear of anything HB - that kind of shape/length is pretty desirable second-hand in Phuket right now I reckon as it's perfect for those smaller wave days, I'm even looking for something similar myself! He's got a very good selection in Cobra at the moment (well about 3 weeks back I was in there), but they are pretty expensive still, even the cheaper shapes.

Hey Surfer Bob, are the waves cool at Nai Harn right now?

It's gone very flat right now... hopefully not for long! We've had a decent bit of surf start of May though for a couple of weeks. I've not surfed out at Nai Harn myself yet - I tend to go up the other way from me (Kamala, Bangtaow, Surin, Layan & Nai Thon) .. next swell though I'check out a few new spots I reckon. Kalim reef looks good, but I don't really know the tides it works well on and because it's rocky I don't want to kill my lovely new glass board!

.. and my good news for the day (kind of :D ):

It's payday tomorrow... wooo hooo!! :o

Cheers..

//SurferBob

O.K., thanks for being on the lookout for me SB. Yeah, the new boards at 16-20K, I feel I'm better off with a quick vacation to Bali and pick something up on Kuta Beach and bring it back. Bill would probably be the same, and I'd get a Bali surf in at the same time.

Watch out for Nai Hairn, can get pretty jacky-fast, so you have to be quick to your feet. Kalim is a nice wave, and you are right, you need a high tide or you are going to beat up your feet getting into the water or beat up your board on shallow rocks.

You ever surf the island off of Nai Yang? Bit of a paddle but I hear a great wave.

Cheers, HB

Yeah, rite, just imagine that hitting Nai Harn.

Bigger than the tsunami.......LOL

HuggyBear,

O.K., thanks for being on the lookout for me SB. Yeah, the new boards at 16-20K, I feel I'm better off with a quick vacation to Bali and pick something up on Kuta Beach and bring it back. Bill would probably be the same, and I'd get a Bali surf in at the same time.

Pick up, wearing bikini, have passport and will travel , I presume.

...... :o ....... :D .......... :D

That is good news.

Taxi from Suwana last night to 7-11 near house in Sam P ..(pick up me supply of Heinees) in 30 minutes via outer Ling Rd ....raining so "nig noi" traffic ....179 bt....nice one...