Visa B And 90 Days

I'm confused. Before, I had Visa O and Work Permit. Now, I have Visa B and Work Permit. Before, under Visa O, I never needed to leave the Kingdom. I only needed to notify my address every 90 days (if I have not crossed a border).

Some weeks ago, I was to a lecture by a lawyer about Work Permits. And he said that you have to leave the Kingdom every 90 days if you have Visa B???

Is that right, I have to leave the Kingdom because of Visa B?

And if right, is the 90 days counted from the Visa B finally was granted (Sep 1, 04 to May 31, 05)?

(I have made my 90 days notifications as normal / and I have multi re-entry)

Regards, Robert

The lawyer was talking about a multi entry B visa obtained overseas and not extended by immigration. But I suspect what you have is an extension of stay for one year based on a B visa? If an extension of stay it is the same as your O visa extension of stay except it ends when/if your employment ends.

The lawyer was talking about a multi entry B visa obtained overseas and not extended by immigration. But I suspect what you have is an extension of stay for one year based on a B visa? If an extension of stay it is the same as your O visa extension of stay except it ends when/if your employment ends.

I have a multi entry B obtained overseas. So I thought I could get a one year extension (like I was told by the Immigration Office in Phuket; now the officers told me I have to either be 50 years or married to a Thai Lady.

So do I have to leave the country now (after 90 days) or can I just get a stamp at the Phuket Immigration?

Alhtough some of you are fed up with answering these questions I still would appreciate a short answer

Thanks, Axel

Non-imm B is for Business, Axel and single entry would have been sufficient.

Before expiry of the first 90 days permission to stay, apply for extension by

using TM 7-form and showing recommendation letter from the company you are working for, your work permit, tax details, company registration and proof that the company can employ a foreigner.

Usually, the permission to stay will then be extented to one year from last entry and annually extented by one year as long your employment remains unchanged.

Until you apply for extention you have to leave every 90 days and return on the multiple visa as long as it is valid. However, if you do work and applied for a WP I would apply for the extention asap.

For more details click here: http://www.thaivisa.com/295.0.html

The lawyer was talking about a multi entry B visa obtained overseas and not extended by immigration.  But I suspect what you have is an extension of stay for one year based on a B visa?  If an extension of stay it is the same as your O visa extension of stay except it ends when/if your employment ends.

I have a multi entry B obtained overseas. So I thought I could get a one year extension (like I was told by the Immigration Office in Phuket; now the officers told me I have to either be 50 years or married to a Thai Lady.

So do I have to leave the country now (after 90 days) or can I just get a stamp at the Phuket Immigration?

Alhtough some of you are fed up with answering these questions I still would appreciate a short answer

Thanks, Axel

That visa is for business so unless you have a work permit and income to qualify for an extension (amount varies by your passport) you will have to leave at the end of 90 days as it will not be extended by immigration.

Lots of confusion between a one year extension of stay permit based on business and a one year multi entry "B" visa.

The difference is...

Main conditions to get a One year extension of stay permit based on business...

Work permit

Minimum salary for your Nationality.. (European is 50,000 Baht per month)

4 Thais employed per work permit

2 million Baht paid up registered capital with 1 million in the bank as working capital. (Immigration does not state PER WP. They only state for the company....2 million Baht paid up registered capital with 1 million in the bank as working capital.)

Conditions to get a one year multi entry visa...

Depends which Consulate you go to... some just want a sponsor letter. Most in SE Asia want to see a work permit ( Penang or KL are several that come to mind)

Your only condition, once you get the one year multi entry "B" visa is

Leave every 90 days. No other condition.

If you CANNOT meet the conditions for an extension of stay based on business and you are not a student, over 50, or married to a Thai... then you get a one year multi entry "B" visa along with your work permit. You just go on a visa run every 90 days and then get the WP extended.

If you CAN meet the conditions on extension of stay. Then you do NOT have to leave every 90 days. You just extend your visa to a one year extension of stay permit based on business and extend your work permit.

It is as simple as that.

www.sunbeltasia.com

Lots of confusion between a one year extension of stay permit based on business and a one year multi entry "B" visa.

The difference is...

may be another difference: If you ever want to apply for a residence permit:

Qualifications of an applicant:

1. An applicant must have received permission for yearly stays in Thailand on a non-immigrant visa for at least of three years prior to the submission of an application for permanent residency. Holders of multiple NON-Immigrant visas can not appy. You must have 3 un-broken yearly extensions in order to qualify.

2. An applicant must be holding a non-immigrant visa at the time of submitting an application.

If I understand this correctly then the years on a "one year multi entry B (or O) visa", where you have to do the 90 day visa runs, and where you get a new visa every year (or every 15 months) do not count.

Only the years you have with "one year extension of stay permit", which you get after you first had a "one year multi entry B (or O) visa", do count for the residence permit application.

If this is correct, there is another difference, which could be important if you plan to apply for a residence permit one day.

If I understand this correctly then the years on a "one year multi entry B (or O) visa", where you have to do the 90 day visa runs, and where you get a new visa every year (or every 15 months) do not count.

Correct. Multi entry one year visas do not count towards the residence permit.

You need three years unbroken of a extension of stay permit to qualify to apply for the residence. Then you may be looking at 2-3 years after the first application for residence, to get the approval. Some people have gotten approved in even 18 months and some are still waiting. If you work for a multi-national and married to a Thai seems to help with the residence permit on getting accepted or not.

www.sunbeltasia.com

Main conditions to get a One year extension of stay permit based on business...

Work permit

Minimum salary for your Nationality.. (European is 50,000 Baht per month)

I wasn't aware of this min. salary condition.

The 50,000 baht seems to be above what i thought many of the legal teachers are being payed.

Do they have to do the border run (in their own free time!) every 90 days?