Financial Combinations For Retirement Visa

I have been told that if you have a combination of say 35,000 Baht per month and 400,000 Baht in the bank that this has to go to Bangkok for approval and it could take up to 3 months. I live in Chinagmai if that is of any help, is this the way they do things here or is it government policy.

I prefer to keep as much money overseas as the interest rates are much higher than here in Thailand.

I look forward to any comments.

Thanks in advance

John

Actually it might depend on location. Immigration in Ranong told me my application was sent to Hat Yai. Now it may be that from there it went to BKK, who knows?

Are you referring to your family extension?

If so , that would go to Bangkok. Retirements are considered locally.

To clarify this for my personal understanding:

1. If I do an extension based on THB 800000 in the bank for 3 months prior application or an Embassy Income letter to prove that my Income is THB 65000 per month and even if I am married, such an extension will only be made in the province I live in or can it be done at Suan Plu Bangkok also?

2. If I do an extension based on marriage where the financial requirement is THB 40000 joint or single income (tax papers, Embassy Income Letter) per month can such an extension either be made in the province I live in or straight away in Bangkok, or in Bangkok only so to speak?

To clarify this for my personal understanding:

1. If I do an extension based on THB 800000 in the bank for 3 months prior application or an Embassy Income letter to prove that my Income is THB 65000 per month and even if I am married, such an extension will only be made in the province I live in or can it be done at Suan Plu Bangkok also?

2. If I do an extension based on marriage where the financial requirement is THB 40000 joint or single income (tax papers, Embassy Income Letter) per month can such an extension either be made in the province I live in or straight away in Bangkok, or in Bangkok only so to speak?

Wherever you do extension no. 2 you will get a 30 day under consideration stamp and go back in a month to get the remaining 11 months.

Really not possible to answer your main question as this is Thailand.

Different offices, officers, day of the week. Different replies. :o

1. You do in the office that takes care of your location - if you have a problem you can likely appeal to Bangkok and be permitted to do there. But it should be done in area you live. For family this is even more important as a local police check is normally required regardless of where you do it and two visits to Immigration.

2. Unless you are grandfathered there is no 400k family extension of stay option. Regardless of where done it will require two or more visits.