How Much Would You Pay For A Good Breakfast

highlander76

How much would you pay for a good quality full english breakfast? As you all know I posted a topic on finding a good black pudding now I have what I think is the best breakfast in Chiang Mai :o ,the owner of bar where it is cooked now wants to put it on has menu but what to charge for it you get is fresh ground coffee , 3 rashers of bacon ,1 egg, 1 yorkie english sausage,1 slice of yorkie black pudding ,baked beans,fried bread and fried potatoes.

I have something very similar in Pattaya (only on Sundays with the papers), for 95 baht. This however is exeptionally cheap, and is good quality.

If the same breakfast were in the region of 150 baht I would still think it was good value, and reasonably priced. I would however struggle to justify paying 200 baht or up on a breakfast, regardless how good it is.

(BTW mine includes orange juice and toast with marmalade).

I think one egg is sufficient with that amount of other fried food, give customers an option of one or two.

120B would be a good value price, but the Yorkie sausage and black pudding may make this uneconomical.

I've eaten black pudding in the north of England and would swap it for a kipper any day.

How much would you pay for a good quality full english breakfast? As you all know I posted a topic on finding a good black pudding now I have what I think is the best breakfast in Chiang Mai :o ,the owner of bar where it is cooked now wants to put it on has menu but what to charge for it you get is fresh ground coffee , 3 rashers of bacon ,1 egg, 1 yorkie english sausage,1 slice of yorkie black pudding ,baked beans,fried bread and fried potatoes.

The Laughing/Chiang Mai Leprechan charges just under 200 baht for a similar breakfast with a pot of coffee, 3 eggs, a big portion of really good fried potatoes and all the french bread, butter and jam you can eat - when Dominick was running it, everything was top quality.

I could never finish everything and thought it was worth the price.

Edited by Ulysses G.

Rose Guesthouse does a very good breakfast for maybe 120/130bt (not 100% sure). Maybe you (or your friend) should go there, try his, then compare it with the other one and price it accordingly. At Rose you get (from memory), 2 sausages, 1 or 2 eggs, 2 bacon, mushrooms, beans, tomato, hash brown, or fried potatoes (can't remember), toast with marmalade and jam, orange juice and a refillable tea/coffee.

Edited by thecatman

I do not own this bar or work there . I found it very hard to find a decent well cooked breakfast here in Chiang Mai I tried Mad Dog full english but did not enjoy eggs badly cooked ,quality of sausage crap and very bad service. I do not think is how much is on your plate but the quality of the food. My friend wants to charge 180baht is that to much ?

Queen Victoria's breakfast is 140Baht, Big sausage, two big rashers of back bacon, two fried eggs, baked beans, sauteed potatoes with onions, green peppers and/or mushrooms, fried tomato, big slice of toasted wholewheat bread with butter and a pot of Tetley's tea.

Found a great new place and lucky me its in the front of my village. Its called California Wraps. They label themselves a Mexican food place but they have everything. 45 for a breakfast sandwich which is either on a home made Biscuit or a cross between a Mexican bowleo and a French bagget. One egg with homemade sausage. I always add another egg for 10 baht more and can add cheese for another 10 baht for a total of 65 baht for a big sandwich with salsa. A breakfast burrito for 40 baht.

Good prices, good food. Out next to the Rim Ping in Kad Farang Market place just before you get to Hang Dong.

Her prices are cheap because she makes everything, the bread, the sausage, the tortillas.

I do not own this bar or work there . I found it very hard to find a decent well cooked breakfast here in Chiang Mai I tried Mad Dog full english but did not enjoy eggs badly cooked ,quality of sausage crap and very bad service. I do not think is how much is on your plate but the quality of the food. My friend wants to charge 180baht is that to much ?

He should give 3 eggs and make sure that the breakfast is very good quality and filling, because he is more expensive than almost everyone else. In my opinion, the Yorkie sausage and black pudding are worth paying more for!

Found a great new place and lucky me its in the front of my village. Its called California Wraps. They label themselves a Mexican food place but they have everything. 45 for a breakfast sandwich which is either on a home made Biscuit or a cross between a Mexican bowleo and a French bagget. One egg with homemade sausage. I always add another egg for 10 baht more and can add cheese for another 10 baht for a total of 65 baht for a big sandwich with salsa. A breakfast burrito for 40 baht.

Good prices, good food. Out next to the Rim Ping in Kad Farang Market place just before you get to Hang Dong.

Her prices are cheap because she makes everything, the bread, the sausage, the tortillas.

I also can recommend this place - good food - good price and very clean as well

I'll second that, its great there! Try the breakfast sandwich without the biscuit.... I thought it was a lot nicer

Queen Victoria's breakfast is 140Baht, Big sausage, two big rashers of back bacon, two fried eggs, baked beans, sauteed potatoes with onions, green peppers and/or mushrooms, fried tomato, big slice of toasted wholewheat bread with butter and a pot of Tetley's tea.

Queen Vic breakfast is now 160 not 140 baht. I ate there last week when they were changing the menus. Another annoying thing about the Queen Vic. is that they never seem to have to AC on anymore. Every time I go there all the windows are open and the fans on full blast.

I'll second that, its great there! Try the breakfast sandwich without the biscuit.... I thought it was a lot nicer

Can you guys give clear directions as to where this place is.

Thanks...

O'Malleys house breakfast is excellent. Bacon, 2 eggs any style, sausage, beans, tomato, mushrooms and fried potato for 140baht. Includes Tea or Coffee, orange juice and 2 pieces of toast. Excellent value and good quality imo.

My only problem with O'Malleys is that often i get complaint parking my motorbike outside and am asked to move it (apparently reserved for the owner and staff). Also i like to sit in a comfortable booth which are reserved for 3 people minimum and am often alone. Because of this I only ever sit there when the place is empty but am still often asked to move. Seems a little pedantic to me.

Edited by MartinBKK

O'Malleys house breakfast is excellent. Bacon, 2 eggs any style, sausage, beans, tomato, mushrooms and fried potato for 140baht. Includes Tea or Coffee, orange juice and 2 pieces of toast. Excellent value and good quality imo.

My only problem with O'Malleys is that often i get complaint parking my motorbike outside and am asked to move it (apparently reserved for the owner and staff). Also i like to sit in a comfortable booth which are reserved for 3 people minimum and am often alone. Because of this I only ever sit there when the place is empty but am still often asked to move. Seems a little pedantic to me.

seems a good reason enough for me not to go there for breakfast ! ..

Thanks...

10ish KM up the hang dong road, left hand side you will see a place called 'kad falang' a big place with many little shops like rimping supermarket, black canyon coffee etc. its next to the entrance to rimping on the right hand side.

\thanks

Thanks...

10ish KM up the hang dong road, left hand side you will see a place called 'kad falang' a big place with many little shops like rimping supermarket, black canyon coffee etc. its next to the entrance to rimping on the right hand side.

\thanks

The owner is a nice Thai lady that has lived in California for a long time so her English is perfect. Getting advice if you were thinking about moving out that way or just getting your order correct.. these are the little things that make this place perfect. She is also thinking about putting in regular coffee with free refills.. ... now this is something that we Americans miss here in thailand ... the bottomless coffee cup!!! For the time being she has espresso and cappuccino at low prices.

• 2 months later...

Thanks...

\thanks

The owner is a nice Thai lady that has lived in California for a long time so her English is perfect. Getting advice if you were thinking about moving out that way or just getting your order correct.. these are the little things that make this place perfect. She is also thinking about putting in regular coffee with free refills.. ... now this is something that we Americans miss here in thailand ... the bottomless coffee cup!!! For the time being she has espresso and cappuccino at low prices.

Update she now has free WIFI so bring your laptops if you like.

nothing beats Mad Dogs breakfast... in terms of value for money :o

Oh, I'm not sure about that.. and certainly not the friendliest service in my experience (I've had breakfast there 3 or 4 times). I much prefer the breakfast and the service in The Half Moon - just around the corner from Mad Dog, on Soi 2. Breakfast at the Half Moon is 120b for a normal sized breakfast and 140b for the full monty including tea/coffee, orange juice, etc. The best value breakfast in Chiang Mai imho.

To answer the original poster, I think their price would need to come close to this - 160b max I reckon. As it gets closer to 200b I think a lot of people would be put off. I would anyway! Good luck with the venture though. I'd like to get my hands on some black pudding... mmm...

Thanks...

\thanks

"...has lived in California for a long time so her English is perfect." :D Uhmm. Good example of an oxymoron? :D But I get your drift :o

I hear The Pub's "Big Boy Breakfast" is well worth the trip out there.

Cheers

Yos

Queen Vic breakfast is now 160 not 140 baht. I ate there last week when they were changing the menus. Another annoying thing about the Queen Vic. is that they never seem to have to AC on anymore. Every time I go there all the windows are open and the fans on full blast.

I agree The Queen Vic has gone down hill fast since Ian left and the Aussie Guy took over.

I think with the black pudding, but only 1 egg, 1 sausage, etc. 160 would be the upper limit.

I've had the Full Monty at Mad Dog a few times. For 125 B it is an absolute gut buster. To be honest, I also was not too impressed with the quality of the sausage. But the potatoes, OMG the potatoes were a delight. The mushroom, broiled tomato, beans also quite tasty. I don't know how picky you are about how your eggs are cooked- I ordered scrambled, and they were perfect- fluffy, not too wet, not too dry- and there seemed to be at least 3 eggs worth. I've sent several friends there to try it out...and they all gave it a big thumbs up.

Just my 25 satangs worth.

Now how about some kippers? And soda bread? And Dundee marmalade? And real Earl Grey tea? :o