How To Apply Visa In Europe

Hi all,

How r u doing?..

Now I'm in Czech and I'd like to go to Italy and also German to join the exhibition about Housing and Furniture. But I went to embassy here, they said that I have to back to Thailand and apply a visa for each country where I'd like to go.. It's STUPID thing that I heard, it means I must pay for Air Ticket to come back and back again in Europe while Italy and German are so close but I can't reach.. :o really bad situation for me.

If anybody knows how possible that I can get a visa from here, Please let me know asap. BTW, I have missed an exhibition in Italy now but I don't wanna miss the one in German in the beginning of next month.

Thank you in ADVANCE :D, Have a good day!!..

Good bye,

Zenzer

Hi Zenzer,

Unfortunately most embassies operate a policy that you should apply for the visa in the country in which you are normally resident, in your case Thailand. As you are in the Czech Republic on a tourist visa the German embassy in Prague may not accept your application. Try it though. Another idea is to check out whether there are any border controls between the Czech Republic and Germany. The Czech Republic is now in the EU and they may be able to just cross from one country to the other. I don't know but it's worth a thought.

Cheers,

Scouse.

The Czech Republic is directly linked with Germany and you can be for sure that zenzer would get arrested and send to a prison in Munich. I am sure at the time zenzer applied his visa, the Czech Republic embassy in Bangkok did not issue a Schengen visa as they just joined the EU.

I am sure that zenzer has to return to Thailand to apply for a visa to Germany or Italy.

Hi All!!

Many Thanks for any ideas, anyway I must back to Thailand and apply visas.. Ohigosh!!.. :o

I just doubt one thing HOW CONVENIENCE EUROPEAN SYSTEMS is, what if I got emergency case that I need to go to another country in Europe so I must go back and manage my visa?.. :'( I don't believe that everyone will know what will happened in the future...

So Thank you European Systems for any Convenience that they offers.

Zenzer

Did you try both the Italian and German embassies? Seems a bit strange that you cant apply for a tourist visa while you are away from your own country. Long term visa's are another story....but tourist visas?

Frankly, I would ask them again. Go in and explain, maybe that will help.

U can travel between EU countries, but new members aren't now members of Schengen Pact. I think, as samran said, try apply in German and Italian embassies. If not - maybe u should call to Thai embassy and ask about advice - helping u solve the problems is their duty :o

(I don't know how it is now, but Thai embassy for Czech & Slovakia few years ago was in Warsaw, Poland).

As a rule, you must submit your visa application, together with all necessary documents, in person at the German mission responsible for your place of residence. Full details here:

http://www.auswaertiges-amt.de/www/en/will...egenheiten_html

The problems you are facing: Any visa issued by a German mission would be valid for all Schengen states, incl. Italy. but actually you should apply with the mission in charge for your first entry into Schengen-states, i.e. Italy. Such visa again would be valid for all Schengen-members.

You need to show travel insurance covering at least Euro 30,000, preferably issued in your home country, but also accepted by the host, i.e. Italy or Germany.

Missions must be satisfied of the applicant's willingness and ability to return to his/her own country, which is usually proven by an employer's letter of your home country. Fund can be proven by bank account-statements etc.

This might be reasons why no mission of a Schengen memberstate wold issue a visa for non-residents. Different story if you would be a resident of the Czech Republic but your legal standing there is tourist.

For emergency situation you might be able to plead your case under following rule:

These difficult and responsible discretionary decisions are always taken in the light of the individual applicant and his/her personal circumstances. The mission bases its decision on its special knowledge of the country and person in question, taking into account also the applicant's own interests, any relevant humanitarian and political concerns and the security interests of the Schengen partners. Every application must therefore be considered on its individual merits.

but I believe it would not be easy.

This just for your understanding.

@vit77: Thailand has a mission in Praha:

CZECH (Czech Republic)

Royal Thai Embassy Romaina Rollanda

3 160 00 Prague 6 - Bubence

Tel : (4202) 20571435, 20571439, 20570055

Fax : (4202) 20570049

There's only Thai Consulate in Slovak that I have been there but they couldn't give me any advice.

I have sent mail to The Thai Embassy in Vienna 'coz I didn't have permission to get in Austria. and now I'm waiting for any advice from them.

Anyway, I'm sincerely thank you for every comments. :o

Kon Thai Mai Ting Kun.. and also foreigner who comes to share me comment.

MANY MANY THANKS..

Have a good day!! guys...

-- Zenzer --

Zenzer,

As the previous posts state that you need certain things.

To prove your case to the embassey I would suggest that you have the following:

Return ticket to Thailand (do you have one?)

Detailed travel itinery (where going, where staying, costs etc).

Sufficient funds (to cover costs)

Medical insurance (as stated earlier)

Letter from your employer to say that they are sponsering you and that they wish you to visit the certain shows in Germany.

Letter of introduction from German company to say that they know you and they would like to see you are the fair.

I think if you have the above and present it in a professional German manner they may consider your case more favourably.

Anyway good luck.

And it is just a thaught to all the farangs in Thailand how lucky we are to have farang passports.

G' day!! Martin,

Thank for your comments, it's possible that I can show them a Invitation Card that my friend got from the exhibition.

I mean he got 2 cards and he would like me to come with. and how possible that I can show them how much I have in account? I didn't bring any bank statement here.

Actually, I didn't bring any document with me here only Return Ticket to Thailand, Travel Insurance (covered 2 million Baht).

Could I show them Debit Card and Credit Card instead? or Possible to show them my friend's bank account and tell them that he will support me. In fact, I did support myself..

Thank again for your attention. G'day

Zenzer