Sunday Morning Bike Ride Question

fearless1

I have a question regarding the Sunday morning bike rides that begin at Tha Phae Gate.

Are any allowances made for different rider levels and different caliber of bikes? The reason I ask is that I recently arrived here and I am contemplating buying a bike. I do not want to buy 2 bikes so the bike I buy would have to be multi-purpose - somewhere between a road bike and a mountain bike, or a mountain bike with road tires.

Would the group leave anyone without a road bike in the dust?

I’m fit so that would not be an issue.

Thanks,

Brian

I have a question regarding the Sunday morning bike rides that begin at Tha Phae Gate.

Are any allowances made for different rider levels and different caliber of bikes? The reason I ask is that I recently arrived here and I am contemplating buying a bike. I do not want to buy 2 bikes so the bike I buy would have to be multi-purpose - somewhere between a road bike and a mountain bike, or a mountain bike with road tires.

Would the group leave anyone without a road bike in the dust?

I’m fit so that would not be an issue.

Thanks,

Brian

The group is made up of mostly Thai people of different ages and fitness. They use mountain type bikes and very few road bikes (if any). The rides can be from 40k to 80K. The pace ranges from of 15k to 25k. Many times a bit too slow for me. The long rides are enjoyable. A nice bunch of people.

Here is their website, except for a single description line of the ride, it is written in Thai.

Btw, if I go, I am riding a black 20", 18 gear swift folding bike. See ya there.

http://cmcycling.org/