Good Mid-price Restaurant

grtaylor

Any recommendations for a good mid-price restaurant close to the Thailand Cultural Centre (near Robinson's Ratchada), for a pre-concert dinner?

Thanks.

I attend events frequently at the Thailand Cultural Center and the only place I now go before hand is the Fortune Hotel next to the IT shopping center. It's not the best but it's relaxing and you can have a drink and order snacks in the lobby lounge. Otherwise the chain restaurants in the Carrefour shopping center.

This is the closet that I've been able to find and I still find it shamefull that after all these years they have nothing but a really bad food court and or some S&P sandwiches available at the centre itself.

If American Express or Thai Airways is one of the sponsors at least they usually have snacks or coffee available but don't count on it!

Any recommendations for a good mid-price restaurant close to the Thailand Cultural Centre (near Robinson's Ratchada), for a pre-concert dinner?

Thanks.

I attend events frequently at the Thailand Cultural Center and the only place I now go before hand is the Fortune Hotel next to the IT shopping center. It's not the best but it's relaxing and you can have a drink and order snacks in the lobby lounge. Otherwise the chain restaurants in the Carrefour shopping center.

This is the closet that I've been able to find and I still find it shamefull that after all these years they have nothing but a really bad food court and or some S&P sandwiches available at the centre itself.

If American Express or Thai Airways is one of the sponsors at least they usually have snacks or coffee available but don't count on it!

Thanks for that - as a regular shopper at Fortune Town, I'd already thought of that one. As you say, very poor that they don't have something better at the TCC itself.

G

You could try The Emerald Hotel just one stop up on the MRT they have a very good Japanese buffet each night at 500 bt a head. (2nd floor). There's also another buffet on the first floor which is slightly cheaper (400 bt I think) but I haven't tried that yet.

You could try The Emerald Hotel just one stop up on the MRT they have a very good Japanese buffet each night at 500 bt a head. (2nd floor). There's also another buffet on the first floor which is slightly cheaper (400 bt I think) but I haven't tried that yet.

Ok - thanks for that - I think I've seen it driving past.