The Fashion Channel

Shotime

I just finished reading the Rubber Band topic, and, besides the fact that it was funny, it was pretty right on as far as being peculiar to Thailand. Why do they have to make them so tight?

In any case, I was always wondering if what follows is also a Thailand phenomena. I have been living in Bangkok 50% of my time for the last 3 years. The first time was for an 18 day excursion based on what a guy I had never met before told me on the golf course at home. I have been returning mostly during the winter ever since. I am, and have been, living with a Thai lady for the last few visits.

I have recently become reacquainted with the Fashion Channel (FC). I say reacquainted because I have some dim recollection of it from my first visit. Since then, I had never purposely tuned-in. I understand that the intent of the channel is to show fashion. However, in the last month, it has taken on a whole new significance to me. I watch, on the average, about 1 1/2 hours most days.

I mean, I sort of like fashion, and the models, both male and female, are very attractive. Some even sexy. The music they play for background is something I would never listen to normally.

I have a few questions about what may be going on:

Does anyone know what may be going on?

Is it something subliminal?

Is volume important?

Is it good for my health?

Is it addictive?

Is it peculiar to Thailand (it's shown on most cable services)?

I was going to post this on the Ladies Forum just to see if maybe the Ladies have a different understanding, but.....

Maybe this, like the rubber bands, has been posted before, but I couldn't find if it was. Any input would be appreciated. I feel like watching right now.

I honestly have no idea. It's a little bizarre to me, but I guess it's alright to turn on in the background while I'm doing something else. If you want to see a "live-action" version of the fashion channel you can always go to Koi on Sukhomvit Soi 20. Apparently, it has some kind of partnership with the fashion channel and a ton of models go there because they get free drinks. I try to avoid it though as it's not the best for my self-esteem :o

I absolutely NEVER watch it. Especially between midnight and 1 am. Never. NEVER I tells ya!

I'm usually asleep by then, too.

ZZOOOMM!

Too funny.

Between 0000 and 0100 is the only time I watch.

For that addictive music, of course.. :o

You need to defecate regularly and aim to avoid constipation. This is good for your health and will break your addiction to the hypnotic Fashion Channel.

Life amongst the old, rich, and constipated. I drink a lot of water, but it still doesn't help.

Fashion TV is popular all over the world and of course mostly with women. The music isn't bad most of the time and watching it is a no brainer. It basically puts your brain to sleep so you just get some sensual stimulation in form of music and people wearing cloths. Back in the days when I still had a TV I had FTV running in the background. Similar to a radio for me.

TV s#cks anyway, get a life and at least waste it in front of a computer :o

• 1 month later...

In a hypnotic trance-like state, I just joined the Chic Channel (FTV Thailand) "Golf Club". I think there must be dark forces at work on FTV :o . Haven't got a clue what it's about, what it does, what or where it'll get me. They required your photo with the online membership application so I guess that'll get me barred from membership at the selection process.

I just wish they would stop letting woman hating gays pick the models though. Damm they all look like skinny azz waifs. Or crack heads or something. Not once have I seen a woman with real curves there.

I just finished reading the Rubber Band topic, and, besides the fact that it was funny, it was pretty right on as far as being peculiar to Thailand. Why do they have to make them so tight?

In any case, I was always wondering if what follows is also a Thailand phenomena. I have been living in Bangkok 50% of my time for the last 3 years. The first time was for an 18 day excursion based on what a guy I had never met before told me on the golf course at home. I have been returning mostly during the winter ever since. I am, and have been, living with a Thai lady for the last few visits.

I have recently become reacquainted with the Fashion Channel (FC). I say reacquainted because I have some dim recollection of it from my first visit. Since then, I had never purposely tuned-in. I understand that the intent of the channel is to show fashion. However, in the last month, it has taken on a whole new significance to me. I watch, on the average, about 1 1/2 hours most days.

I mean, I sort of like fashion, and the models, both male and female, are very attractive. Some even sexy. The music they play for background is something I would never listen to normally.

I have a few questions about what may be going on:

Does anyone know what may be going on?

Is it something subliminal?

Is volume important?

Is it good for my health?

Is it addictive?

Is it peculiar to Thailand (it's shown on most cable services)?

I was going to post this on the Ladies Forum just to see if maybe the Ladies have a different understanding, but.....

Maybe this, like the rubber bands, has been posted before, but I couldn't find if it was. Any input would be appreciated. I feel like watching right now.

How many beers did you have before you wrote this post? The fashon channel is not based in Thailand and does not often feature Asian models or topics, at the last time I watched it. So, what's this have to do with Thailand, Mr. Moderator?

I beg your pardon, but they do have a golf club show from here (which by the way, I try not to miss). I think. It's all very mysterious to me. Sometimes it comes on by itself. I wish I could say I was drunk when I wrote it.

Edited by Shotime

How many beers did you have before you wrote this post? The fashon channel is not based in Thailand and does not often feature Asian models or topics, at the last time I watched it. So, what's this have to do with Thailand, Mr. Moderator?

Fashion channel FTV "dual branded" Chic Channel in Thailand, True Visions channel 24.

I absolutely NEVER watch it. Especially between midnight and 1 am. Never. NEVER I tells ya!

I'm usually asleep by then, too.

ZZOOOMM!

Too funny.

Between 0000 and 0100 is the only time I watch.

For that addictive music, of course.. :o

Fibber . . . . it's ALways on at your house whenever we visit! (Except for the Grand Prix of course!)

D

Shotime, have people begun to comment on changes in the way you walk ?

Do you halt suddenly after 10 paces and stare chillingly into the middle distance before flouncing back whence you came ?

If not yet, it won't be long.

And it gets worse. You know the mannequins in shop windows ? Guess where they came from :o . Thousands of people go missing every year. "He was just a nice, quiet old chap. Kept to himself. Liked to watch the fashion channel."

That's why I have never watched it.