Asus Eee Pc

Chivas

My sons been harping on about the basic Asus tablet model which last time I looked in Tukcom (6 weeks previous) was around 12500 baht for the "first edition model" that was introduced.

Any info on current prices would be gratefully received.The basic model price is all we need.

Thanks.

Chivas

My sons been harping on about the basic Asus tablet model which last time I looked in Tukcom (6 weeks previous) was around 12500 baht for the "first edition model" that was introduced.

Any info on current prices would be gratefully received.The basic model price is all we need.

Hi Chivas,

Tukcom ? So I suppose you are in Pattaya.

In Tukcom all shops with EeePc propose it at 11,500 - 12,500 baht VAT :D

I just bought last week an EeePc 4G blue color with webcam for 9,999 baht at Carrefour. :D

I installed a Windows Xp Sp3 that I bought 150 baht at Tukcom. (I know... :o )

A great little computer

Pattaya46

I just had a look at lunchtime at the HP - its nice for the price and if it had been available last year I would have bought it instead of the Vaio TZ I have but never use much

999 SGB so about 23500 THB

1 Gig of ram and 120 HD but you get free upgrade to 2 Gb and carry case

I just had a look at lunchtime at the HP - its nice for the price and if it had been available last year I would have bought it instead of the Vaio TZ I have but never use much

Expensive in Thailand!

http://www.shop4thai.com/en/product/21767/

38,000 something in shop4thai, means about 10-15% cheaper in the malls, but still way over 30,000...

Looked on all the online Sing stores I know of and none listed the hp :o

Expensive in Thailand!

http://www.shop4thai.com/en/product/21767/

38,000 something in shop4thai, means about 10-15% cheaper in the malls, but still way over 30,000...

Looked on all the online Sing stores I know of and none listed the hp :o

Try Harvey Norman - I think they are the only one selling it or have the supplies at the moment.

I saw it in their Suntec City store at lunchtime.

Edit: - here you are http://www.harveynorman.com.sg/pdf/ST58-240508.jpg

Edited by Prakanong

Hi Chivas,

Tukcom ? So I suppose you are in Pattaya.

In Tukcom all shops with EeePc propose it at 11,500 - 12,500 baht VAT :D

I just bought last week an EeePc 4G blue color with webcam for 9,999 baht at Carrefour. :D

I installed a Windows Xp Sp3 that I bought 150 baht at Tukcom. (I know... :o )

A great little computer

Pattaya46

Thanks a lot-appreciated.

Chivas

Hi

The Asus eee 900 is here, I am using it right now, I just bought one at Fortune, 19150 bahts for the 20Gb version. It is available in at least 3 or 4 shops here, Great little machine....

The 701 is here at 10900 Bahts, selling like hot cakes (people are actually queuing in the shop , they sold 5 or 6 today...).I have seen the Gb version as well

Phil

Pilou, does your Eee 900 have a Thai keyboard?

Yes it does have a thai keyboard, 1 Gb RAM, NO BLUETOOTH as expected, but the shop wrongly told me it would be included,and I asked the shop to install Windows XP, for which I had to wait 3 hours. Also bought another 8Gb SD card,as my old Asus ( well , only 2 months old :D ....) eee 701 will go to my GF.

Fortune is indeed at PhraRam IX MRT station, and is indeed much more pleasant than Panthip.

I just came back home,battery is still charging, Iwill probably spend the night on it to tweak it...

Cheers. :o

Phil

Oooops... I also meant to tell you all that the MSI Wind ( MSI shop is on 3rd floor of Fortune, very tiny place...) is also due very soon,the guy had a demo machine, looks very nice indeed, a bit bigger than the eee though, so for those who want to wait, it should hit the shop(s) in June, if I can believe the vendor...

Check on Internet to know more about this laptop, it looks rather interesting,prices should start at 14.000 bahts ++ according to the models.

Many other manufacturers are preparing an answer to the eee, the HP is there already but at around 35.000 bahts, it is fighting in another league...

Phil

and the Dell UMPC - supposed to released at the end of june - should be more info available when they show it off at Compudex

dell-mini-inspiron-1-red.jpg

then we're looking at 8.9-inches dolled up in a sub-$500 price tag with a choice of both Windows XP Home or Ubuntu Linux, 8-in-1 card reader, integrated webcam, direct media playback buttons, and a "host of wireless access options." Expect more next week as the Computex show kicks off.

http://www.engadget.com/2008/05/29/dells-m...iller-revealed/

Finished :o

I went at Carrefour yesterday evening and saw that the EeePc 701 is now at about 11.700 baht :D . It seems that the 9,999 baht price was a promotion finishing end of last week. Sorry.

Wow, surprised they're so expensive over there! 12,000 baht would've been equal to a third of my teacher's monthly income. Now I'm back in NZ, doing a degree, working part time as a bus driver, and getting a student's allowance. I just bought an Eee for $NZ480 = 12,097 Baht. That's a quarter of my monthly income. BTW - a great computer, but the Linux distribution is a bit sucky.

Does anyone can confirm where to buy the 900 in bangkok?

I'll be there for few hours next week and i would like to get one.

Hi

I got mine a a shop called C-Nex at Fortune, 3rd or 4th floor, sorry can't remember. They had received their shipment of 900's and I was the 1st buyer ( that was 3 days ago...)

I took the 20Gb version, paid 19.150 bahts, and had Windows XP installed to replace Linux ( Xandros distribution), waiting time 3 hours used for more shopping at Fortune...

The 12Gb with genuine XP is selling for 17.000 bahts, while you can also get the 4Gb 701 for 10.900 bahts ( some shops have it for slightly less) and there is also the 8Gb 701, about 14.000 bahts if I remember well.

I also saw it at Panthip, same shop name , same price, can't remember which floor either , sorry.

Hopes this help.

Phil

By the way, absolutely delighted with it....

MSI%20Wind%20GI.jpg

Could the MSI "Wind" be the one to take the "wind" out of ASUS eee's sales?

MSI Wind: a first look

If they are available in Chiang Mai within June they will be able to sell 3 of them to me, as it is the birthday of all of my three kids coming up in the first week in July and everyday they tell me that they have to have....need...want...desire a computer. Since we have WI-FI in the house, at the office and also at the kids school I am willing to make the jump. However I think MSI is our best chance. Unless of course we waited forever for the DELL to make its way onto the scene.